Groups

Wii Twilight Hack

I have a few questions regarding the Twilight Hack to see whether or not it's worth doing.

1) Does this just need to be done once?
    2) Once the hack has been applied do I then need to do anything to be able to play chipped games?
    3) Is there a site online that does these games with case and cover?
    4) Can this be reversed at all?
    5) Can Nintendo 'brick' my Wii if this is on?
    6) Will this void any warranty remaining?

Any other help is greatly appreciated and I've read wiibrew.org/wik…ack which seems straight forward.

** UPDATE ** - Does the Twilight hack only allow you to install Wiiware games and not actual retail games?

21 Comments

Banned

Chipped games?

1) Does this just need to be done once?

Yup ..just the once

2) Once the hack has been applied do I then need to do anything to be able to play chipped games?

Just burn a game and play it

3) Is there a site online that does these games with case and cover?

Not sure what you mean .... You download iso's and burn them.... not sure where covers and cases come in

4) Can this be reversed at all?

yes

5) Can Nintendo 'brick' my Wii if this is on?

Only you can brick your wii..... You need starfall installed to stop ninty updates

6) Will this void any warranty remaining?

yes

For mor info from the guys in the know ........ gbatemp.net

Original Poster

hmmm, if it voids my warranty then I'm not sure I'd want to run the risk having recently just purchased it

wait till your warranty runs out, its worth doing seeing as the games are so pricey
    ive got a couple of ds's we never buy the games anymore as they cost so much, we use the R4DS SDHC cards we can put 200 games on a 8gb micro sdhc card it works great

Well if you put it back to normal the warranty should be ok..... Its just if you brick it and cant put it back to normal ..

Original Poster

wickedteen;4074722

wait till your warranty runs out, its worth doing seeing as the games are … wait till your warranty runs out, its worth doing seeing as the games are so priceyive got a couple of ds's we never buy the games anymore as they cost so much, we use the R4DS SDHC cards we can put 200 games on a 8gb micro sdhc card it works great

Yeah my gf has an R4DS however the old style which only supports up to 2GB - she's happy with it

the new R4DS sdhc is only £12.95 from various sites on the web, runs better then the old R4

Original Poster

m-tek;4074725

Well if you put it back to normal the warranty should be ok..... Its just … Well if you put it back to normal the warranty should be ok..... Its just if you brick it and cant put it back to normal ..

Well if I was to apply this hack I would turn auto updating off which wouldprevent it from being bricked right?

theres more than one way to brick a wii..... Installing the hack wrong can brick it in the first place

I suggest going here and reading up before you do anything...

gbatemp.net/ind…108

Original Poster

m-tek;4074787

theres more than one way to brick a wii..... Installing the hack wrong … theres more than one way to brick a wii..... Installing the hack wrong can brick it in the first placeI suggest going here and reading up before you do anything...http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=108

Nice one! + rep

Reading it now it looks a lot more complicated than I thought lol Don't fancy bricking my Wii!

theres a new plug in device coming out shortly, just plug in to usb and it allows you to use copies, so i just read on a forum, no messing with the unit at all

you can also brick the wii by updating off a back-up disk thats from another region to your wii like a us disk, this would semi-brick it...because you can down grade using the hack hope that helps...
    another helpful site is [url]www.disqworld.com[/url] their wii forum has a step by step guide for hack my mate used to do his...its saved him loads of time, and he now has loads of games

Original Poster

wickedteen;4074882

theres a new plug in device coming out shortly, just plug in to usb and … theres a new plug in device coming out shortly, just plug in to usb and it allows you to use copies, so i just read on a forum, no messing with the unit at all

Where did you read this and any idea when?

it seems the site that is either making them or shipping them in isnt working but the forums seem to know a bit about them, its either usb or plugs inside

gbatemp.net/ind…264

Original Poster

What would be best to use then(if any) until my warranty runs out... twilight hack or a clipon?

Original Poster

Are the clipons even any good?

Well to be honest Ive got a chip and HBC so can play almost every game out there inc imports....

I'd twilight hack it..... Its a very straight forward process ..... follow this guide

gbatemp.net/ind…446

Original Poster

Does the Twilight hack only allow you to install Wiiware games and not actual retail games?

Not sure what you mean.....

You cant install wii games like mario kart ,they all run off disc....

Original Poster

So it will let me download and install stuff like:

Streets of Rage
    Street Fighter
    Sonic
    Mario Bros 3
    etc...

yes......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1635
      2. Biscuit addiction2060
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.69

See more discussions