Groups

wii u mario kart preinstalled

Hi guys, want to pick up a Wii u second hand, preferably the Mario kart bundle black console.

Is the game linked to a Nintendo account? So if I did buy pre-owned I wouldn't be able to play it?

3 Comments

If the previous owner set up a NNID when they set up the console, it will be linked. However, there's three MK bundles, one with a physical copy and two pre-installed, one with a Splatoon DLC code. Both MK only ones go for around the same price, so just look out for the one with a picture of the game case on the box, rather that the one with the pre-installed sticker.

I just brought one 2nd hand, when I added my profile I found I had to reinstall it so the Nintendo network recognised it was pre installed and allowed me to carry on

Skullpanda

If the previous owner set up a NNID when they set up the console, it will … If the previous owner set up a NNID when they set up the console, it will be linked. However, there's three MK bundles, one with a physical copy and two pre-installed, one with a Splatoon DLC code. Both MK only ones go for around the same price, so just look out for the one with a picture of the game case on the box, rather that the one with the pre-installed sticker.

The ones which have Mario Kart 8 pre-installed have the game on a different partition on the drive so it remains if the console is formatted - the game isn't tied to any account. I think even if you do a system transfer to a different console it remains on the original console.
    Edited by: "bernardsfingers" 13th Jul
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?33
      2. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?11
      3. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!46
      4. Anything better than allcast?33

See more discussions