Wii U System Update 5.5.2

Found 18th Jul 2017
Seems Nintendo haven't forgotten about the Wii U!

Update going out at the moment, it's for "stability" however some people may feel their Wii U is stable enough and may not want the update. If you don't, get your console off the Internet and block the update using DNS..

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history

Update

Seems they're killing off Miiverse as part of this.

I've also read if you already have haxchi, then you should be ok... But time will tell
Community Updates
MiscWiiWii U
14 Comments
Why would we do that?
santino1581

Why would we do that?

I would have thought that was quite obvious. They are probably trying to fix exploits.
Thanks for the letting me know OP, was planning to block the DNS at some point so glad i did it before update.
Original Poster Banned
santino1581

Why would we do that?

If you need to ask, then you probably don't need to worry
santino1581

Why would we do that?

So that your modified Wii u can still emulate previous Nintendo consoles and play free ROM games downloaded off the internet. Or : hint : if you plan to do that in future
Sneeeky blighters! Will make sure my wii u rejects them and change the dns
Anyone with haxchi updated? Still working?
Kills homebrew (haxchi should be ok). Wouldnt update.
Original Poster Banned
imranio

Anyone with haxchi updated? Still working?

I can't get to mine at the mo due to being in hospital. But seems to be the browser that's been patched. Only read one post on neogaf stating it's ok with haxchi. Hopefully more confirmation soon that it's ok!
Yup your right. CBHC is though I think. Ive deleted interwebs settings, because even though I have everything set to not auto download, it was still trying. If you have it in your downloading section, unplug the console for a few mins and itll go.
Original Poster Banned
imranio

Yup your right. CBHC is though I think. Ive deleted interwebs settings, … Yup your right. CBHC is though I think. Ive deleted interwebs settings, because even though I have everything set to not auto download, it was still trying. If you have it in your downloading section, unplug the console for a few mins and itll go.

Fortunately soon as I read about the update I called my girlfriend to unplug the console from the mains!
imranio

Yup your right. CBHC is though I think. Ive deleted interwebs settings, … Yup your right. CBHC is though I think. Ive deleted interwebs settings, because even though I have everything set to not auto download, it was still trying. If you have it in your downloading section, unplug the console for a few mins and itll go.

I can confirm CBHC is absolutely fine.

Awesome to know its working for you. For some reason some people are finding its ok, some are saying it doesnt auto go into it as the software update changes some of the xml files. To be safe im not downloading it. If it aint broke, dont try to fix it mentality.

CaptainSocks

I can confirm CBHC is absolutely fine.

SBIAC

So that your modified Wii u can still emulate previous Nintendo consoles … So that your modified Wii u can still emulate previous Nintendo consoles and play free ROM games downloaded off the internet. Or : hint : if you plan to do that in future

Thank you kind sir... didn't even think of that!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants