Groups

Wildfire (HTC) are there no apps?

Where can i download apps from? Looked on android market on my phone and theres only a few (far less than on my laptop) and even the ones there wont download (dont understand what to do?)

7 Comments

My understanding is the amount of apps that you can install onto your handset is limited by the version of Android you have running on it but also the screen size as well.

Here's a few links to online guides, forums covering your model of handset and also some apps to consider looking at.

The Complete Android Guide - Complete Guides
    completeguides.net/01_…ide

HTC Buzz: Wildfire - xda-developers
    forum.xda-developers.com/for…678

HTC Wildfire - Android Forums
    androidforums.com/htc…re/

HTC Handsets - Android Forums
    androidcommunity.com/for…41/

AppBrain browses Android Market on desktop and “syncs” downloads to phone | andrew | Androinica
    androinica.com/201…ne/

AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games
    appbrain.com/

How To Download & Install Non-Market Google Android Mobile Apps
    makeuseof.com/tag…ps/

Tips: How to install Android beta apps and .apk files | andrew | Androinica
    androinica.com/201…es/

Top 10 Android Apps
    lifehacker.com/548…pps

Incredible Apps: The 60 Best Android Apps (Part 1 of 2) | andrew | Androinica
    androinica.com/201…ps/

Incredible Apps: The 60 Best Android Apps (Part 2 of 2) | andrew | Androinica
    androinica.com/201…-2/

101 Best Android Apps
    101bestandroidapps.com/

Original Poster

Wow thanks!

I am trying to get "appbrain" to install on the phone but it will not install

No probs - what's the error message your getting?

Wife has a wildfire and there's less apps due to the low screen resolution.

But there's still lots to go at.

Original Poster

got appbrain to work (only with 3g not wifi?) Most of the apps start downloading and then stop (and it says "unsuccessful")

You might want to try it one at a time rather than downloading them in one go but also check this one out.

Appbrain sync issues - Android Forums
    androidforums.com/evo…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671403
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2729
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111019
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553770

See more discussions