Wileyfox enters administration

Found 7th Feb
News article.

Thought this was worth mentioning as I know Wileyfox have made some popular low cost phones that were popular here.
Community Updates
MiscPhones
11 Comments
Phones to buy have now been taken off their website. Time to look for a new phone, no chance of updates anymore. Pity.
Robot_Rooster4 m ago

Phones to buy have now been taken off their website. Time to look for a …Phones to buy have now been taken off their website. Time to look for a new phone, no chance of updates anymore. Pity.

There was chance of updates?
Robot_Rooster14 m ago

Phones to buy have now been taken off their website. Time to look for a …Phones to buy have now been taken off their website. Time to look for a new phone, no chance of updates anymore. Pity.

Agreed, I love my swift 2, can't bear another bloateware spyware loaded Xiaomi...maybe a second hand S6.
jco8317 m ago

There was chance of updates?

Not too sure if trolling but Wileyfox had constant updates, even their first gen phones were updated to android 7.1, you don't usually get that type of lifespan with many smartphones.
No loss as far as I am concerned... Their phones were good, their after sales appalling.
Oh man sad news. This is what I recommended to people after the original Moto G (didn't recommend Motorola as much as Lenovo ruined them now)
Sure there will be a few reductions on new old stock shortly!

Wonder why the bank that held the reigns on the funds that were used has borrowed from another fund, there must be some $ swilling around or invested somewhere via WF for them to do that in the first place.

Be interesting to follow the insolvency on this one for where the rights / hardware still sitting in the production runs will go to!

Maybe another little take over project for Lenovo to profit from
Haha to anyone that bought from this company. Shoddy phones made on the cheap peddled by Amazon was the only reason for their reputation as an established brand. Good riddance
Was always on the cards. The CEO and CMO both abandoned the sinking ship early last year.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 8th Feb
pooool12th Feb

Wileyfox ‘will continue’ despite adm …Wileyfox ‘will continue’ despite administration:http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2018/02/12/wileyfox-will-continue-despite-administration/

I am holding onto hope that I won't nee to abandon my favourite phone

CEO says company will restructure amid financial troubles

Wileyfox will ‘restructure and continue’ despite entering administration last week, says CEO Michael Coombes.
Generation three devices and the Wileyfox Pro are still scheduled for a release this year, while customers can still expect repair services and software updates.

“We’re restructuring the whole business and will continue,” Coombes said.

“PSB collapsing in December was a surprise, we’ve been forced into this until we can fix it.

“Customer service will continue in regards to repairs and updates. There will be a couple of days where we cease operations due to administrative process.

“Future phone launches will only be pushed back a couple of days, the Wileyfox Pro will be released this month.”

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions