Expired

Will 220v led bulbs work in uk

Found 23rd Nov 2013
Thinking of getting some led bulbs of Banggood (Hong Kong site I have used lots) there's a a few b22 fitting 240v one's but most are 220v, I have tried Google but not much use so does anybody know if 220v will be OK for UK and not damage the life of the bulbs
I bought one 6w E27 240v fitting and a B22 adapter a few weeks ago and I am very impressed with it but don't want to have to have adapters on all my light fittings even though the total price for bulb + adapter was only about 4quid
Thanks in advance for any help

Oh here's a link to item I was wanting
banggood.com/B22…tml
Community Updates
AskBulbLED BulbLED Light
10 Comments
220v should be o.k. u.k.voltage is 220v-240v most other european and U.S.A. are 110v so 220v is good for U.K.
Please bare in mind these have no EU kite mark so if they fail or cause a fire etc you insurance could be invalid
UK voltage is 230 V of -6% to +10%, i.e. be between 216.2 to 253V

They are listed as 220v probably due to most European countries use 220v standard but as previous post they will work.

With led lamps make sure the leds are all around the lamp if using to light a room otherwise they will be directional, also try to get highest lumen lm as possible as they may look bright to look at the actual light out put is most of the time poor.
(1300-1530 lumens for the equivalent of a 100W incandescent bulb, 920-1060 lumens for a 75W, 700-810 lumens for a 60W, 410-470 lumens for a 40W and 220-250 lumens for a 25W bulb)
bavis1

220v should be o.k. u.k.voltage is 220v-240v most other european and … 220v should be o.k. u.k.voltage is 220v-240v most other european and U.S.A. are 110v so 220v is good for U.K.

Thanks
jas95aero

Please bare in mind these have no EU kite mark so if they fail or cause a … Please bare in mind these have no EU kite mark so if they fail or cause a fire etc you insurance could be invalidUK voltage is 230 V of -6% to +10%, i.e. be between 216.2 to 253V They are listed as 220v probably due to most European countries use 220v standard but as previous post they will work.With led lamps make sure the leds are all around the lamp if using to light a room otherwise they will be directional, also try to get highest lumen lm as possible as they may look bright to look at the actual light out put is most of the time poor.(1300-1530 lumens for the equivalent of a 100W incandescent bulb, 920-1060 lumens for a 75W, 700-810 lumens for a 60W, 410-470 lumens for a 40W and 220-250 lumens for a 25W bulb)

Thanks for help, as I said I bought one to try and was impressed with the light from it but that was bright white, I'm going to try a warm white now
cheap place in the uk

ledhut.co.uk/
judgey

cheap place in the ukhttp://www.ledhut.co.uk/

Wow you call that cheap! Thanks but they don't have much choice and I think they are expensive
how much are u spending ?
judgey

how much are u spending ?

The 6w corn bulb I tried was £3.13 link
It was E27 fitting so I had to buy adapter but that was less then a quid, I am very impressed with that one.
Thinking of buying a multi pack offer about £3.50-£4.50 per bulb, but with the B22 fitting so no adapter needed.
Also the corn bulbs have a 360 degrees beam angle and I could not see any on that site you suggested
Terrabytes

^^ Those bulbs have 44 low quality 5mm SMDs to make up the brightness. … ^^ Those bulbs have 44 low quality 5mm SMDs to make up the brightness. They are cheap to produce, but may only last a year, so you will be spending more money to replace. More expensive bulbs will have fewer branded chips that are brighter and last longer e.g. come with a 3 year warranty. They will look more like a traditional bulb, have a beam angle similar to a traditional incandescent and have better colour quality (CRI>80).These might be worth a look. Bulk rate if buying 6 or more, plus 10% off and free delivery with code AMAZON.http://www.chichinlighting.com/led-bulbs/b22-bayonet-led-bulbs/b22-base-7w-led-globe-bulbhttp://www.chichinlighting.com/led-chandelier-bulbs/b22-candle-bulb/b22-base-7w-led-candelabra-bulb-blunt-tipWarm white works best for evening lighting. Daylight white is useful for supplementary lighting to bathroom mirrors during the day.

Thanks I will have a look, they look good quality
I used to use dx for led gu10 spotlights but have quite a few failed within a year.

My most recent smd type seems to give the best type of light i was looking for... But don't know how long it will last.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants