Groups

Will A PS3 Jailbreak Work Without The Bluray ?

Just about to order one from a thread a few weeks back but have been reading that the USB jailbreak stick will not work properly if you havent got a drive. From what ive read a disk still need to be inserted to do a check, if you know what i mean. So ive got 2 PS3s here both with non functioning blurays, want to chuck in a 640gb drive and work off a jailbreak stick... can i still do it or do i need a working bluray for the disk check ??

I know this sounds a bit cryptic but youll know what i mean if youre in the know haha ;-)

5 Comments

Yes, you can get them working with about a BD. It's been like this for weeks/months.

Correct me if im wrong, but you need a working Blu ray drive to install a new hard drive. Im sure you do.

Original Poster

So ftp to hdd Saint and then no disk check ? Is that with any of the sticks out there or only certain ones ?

PS hippyharry no you dont need a working drive to install new hdd... just does it from the onboard.

Edited by: "Squelds" 28th Nov 2010

So a ps3 with a faulty drive would still work?

Original Poster

Seems that way sancho

Now do i go for the minimus32 for £25 or the dealextreme one for £6 odd. Minimus one looks the business with the case but does it make it any better in terms of doing what it does.... hmmm.
    Edited by: "Squelds" 28th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1213
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90154
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501

See more discussions