Will all XP Netbooks have Windows 7 this coming week?

Found 18th Oct 2009
I'm looking to buy a netbook and I see they all have WIn XP but I heard they will come with Win 7 in the next few days. So if I wait another week, will they all have Win 7 installed? Or will they let me upgrade to Win 7 if I buy a XP netbook before then?

6 Comments

No. They won't come with windows 7 unless specifically advertised as such. You will be able to purchase an upgrade to windows 7

I doubt it netbooks have a special licence for XP whereby Microsoft sold the software cheap to manuafacurers,i may be wrong but i think netbooks with 7 will be more expensive,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6615836

I doubt it netbooks have a special licence for XP whereby Microsoft sold … I doubt it netbooks have a special licence for XP whereby Microsoft sold the software cheap to manuafacurers,i may be wrong but i think netbooks with 7 will be more expensive,

Are XP for netbooks are different then ones used in regular laptops/computers??

tonyg1962;6615836

I doubt it netbooks have a special licence for XP whereby Microsoft sold … I doubt it netbooks have a special licence for XP whereby Microsoft sold the software cheap to manuafacurers,i may be wrong but i think netbooks with 7 will be more expensive,

You absolutely correct, Microsoft allowed the net book providers to use a kosha copy of XP at a massivly reduced price, but in return the manufartoers had to keep within certain boundaies regarding hardware capabilites of the netwoork,

You will see Win7 on netbooks, but i agree that the prices will be higher than XP.

we have an acer with win 7 starter, ready to put on display at currys on thursday morning.
no price as yet

Banned

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]You cannot upgrade from XP to Windows 7

Needs to be a clean install[/COLOR]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…88
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    3. spam regarding paypal33
    4. Best tablet around the £60 mark66

See more discussions