Will an Imported Roku Premiere + work ok in the UK?

Found 22nd May 2017
Roku Premier + at around $70 from Amazon looks like a great 4k HDR Streamer but it's not available in the UK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXUZPQU/

Anyone imported and used one in the UK?

Does the PSU work ok with a UK Adaptor?

Do all UK Catchup services work OK?

(And before anyone says it.......I don't want an Android/Kodi box)

1. Ask
  2. Roku
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Roku
17 Comments

It's a shame there isn't one box that does it all.

It will. I use one myself

Original Poster

chantelle310

It will. I use one myself

Excellent...just ordered one. £55 in P&P

How is it btw? Good?

Uridium

Excellent...just ordered one. £55 in P&PHow is it btw? Good?

That's an excellent price. Do you have a link? I got mine brought home from the USA by a family member. I love it. Would be nice if I could find a UK plug though. Im a bit iffy with using the adapter as I keep mine in a hide wires away box.

Performance is excellent. Considering buying a replacement remote from Amazon which is the same as the roku 3 one which isn't as clicky

Original Poster

chantelle310

That's an excellent price. Do you have a link? I got mine brought home … That's an excellent price. Do you have a link? I got mine brought home from the USA by a family member. I love it. Would be nice if I could find a UK plug though. Im a bit iffy with using the adapter as I keep mine in a hide wires away box. Performance is excellent. Considering buying a replacement remote from Amazon which is the same as the roku 3 one which isn't as clicky

Link is in the first post, on the Amazon.com page scroll down and choose 'Used &new' . Seller named 'Mallstop' is selling Certified refurbished by Roku units with 1yr guarantee fulfilled by Amazon. (so as good as new...really)

For the power adapter you can get these amazon.co.uk/Cab…I04
or similar from a few places.......converts the US plug to a UK plug with a bit more stability than a wobbly adapter

One question....Does BBC iPlayer work yet on the Premiere +? I know there are often issues with BBC not certifying Roku devices not yet released in theUK
Edited by: "Uridium" 22nd May 2017

Uridium

Link is in the first post, on the Amazon.com page scroll down and choose … Link is in the first post, on the Amazon.com page scroll down and choose 'Used &new' . Seller named 'Mallstop' is selling Certified refurbished by Roku units with 1yr guarantee fulfilled by Amazon. (so as good as new...really)For the power adapter you can get these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Mountain-US-Plug-Adapter/dp/B001CNMI04or similar from a few places.......converts the US plug to a UK plug with a bit more stability than a wobbly adapterOne question....Does BBC iPlayer work yet on the Premiere +? I know there are often issues with BBC not certifying Roku devices not yet released in theUK

Ahh OK I'll try these adapters. Thank you. BBC iplayer is the only iffy one. It won't open for me me. Just force closes. But I tend to use my shield for iplayer anyway. Itv/4OD/channel 5 players all work fine on the premier +

it is available in UK Roku 4 (£150) so this is an awesome price, just cant get it to ship UK

Original Poster

mcallim7

it is available in UK Roku 4 (£150) so this is an awesome price, just … it is available in UK Roku 4 (£150) so this is an awesome price, just cant get it to ship UK

I think the Rioku 4 is the next player up...other than an optical port and a couple of extra buttons on the remote there isn't much difference.

The Ultra (4400r) and Premiere + compared here
gizmodo.co.uk/201…ce/

Original Poster

mcallim7

it is available in UK Roku 4 (£150) so this is an awesome price, just … it is available in UK Roku 4 (£150) so this is an awesome price, just cant get it to ship UK

I think the Rioku 4 is the next player up...other than an optical port and a couple of extra buttons on the remote there isn't much difference.

The Ultra (4400r) and Premiere + compared here
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/10/roku-premiere-and-ultra-are-better-than-the-competition-and-a-third-of-the-price/

btw...amazon.com do ship to the Uk...my Premiere + is on its way.£55 inc P&P

Can someone help me, how do you get it delivered to U.K. For free, when I order it adds shipping and customs charge on top?
Any help appreciated

Original Poster

You can't get it shipped to uk for free. I paid around £5 shipping if you click used and new and choose the refurbished unit . Still much much cheaper than buying here. Mine was delivered on Wednesday, took around 8 days to get here.
Edited by: "Uridium" 3rd Jun 2017

But when I put it in the basket and proceed with order it adds on about 30 USD with custom duty and shipping? Did you have to put this much?

Original Poster

julesgc1

But when I put it in the basket and proceed with order it adds on about … But when I put it in the basket and proceed with order it adds on about 30 USD with custom duty and shipping? Did you have to put this much?

Adds just over $8 to mine If I choose the one sold by seller named "Mallstop"

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/uridium26/roku_zpsfivq7pzq.png

Edit....ah yes I see it is adding £12 import duty on now...thats a shame.....without the import duty it is a real bargain. Saying that even with the import duty its still very cheap. the Premiere + is virtually the same as the Roku Ultra which is £130 rrp in the UK

I only paid £55.78 in total when i bought mine.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/uridium26/Online/Capture_zpsfvounsd5.png

Edited by: "Uridium" 3rd Jun 2017

Thanks for the info, not sure why they are now adding customs, but weren't before

Original Poster

Just be aware If you do buy one that BBC iPlayer definitely doesn't work. for some reason the BBC only allow Roku players that have been tested by them to access iPlayer, as the Premiere+ isn't a UK model it doesn't work.
Other than that it works perfectly. Amazon/Netflix all streaming in 4k and HDR with no issues.

i decided to get one of these today for amazon and netflix HDR, thanks for the help and advice

Seller 'Mallstop' has them at $59.99 now FYI
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions