Expired

Will an Intel Celeron N2807 handle Photoshop?

Found 10th Nov 2014
I'm looking at buying a GB Brix which has a Intel Celeron N2807 possessor as its passively cooled computer (I rely hate noise when I'm working)
I'm a graphic artist and I work in Photoshop using a wacom tablet, The problem is I'm not sure if the CPUs up to handling it? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Ben
PS: for the rest of the specs Im looking at getting are... windows 7 a 256gb SSD and 4gb of Lo-Voltage RAM
Community Updates
AskIntelAdobe Photoshop
5 Comments
The CPU will run it, but well? Depends on the project.
Is there any graphics card in that system? I know the rotate feature on my Wacom tablet doesn't work without OpenGL Drawing (I think it is) enabled.
moneysavingkitten

Is there any graphics card in that system? I know the rotate feature on … Is there any graphics card in that system? I know the rotate feature on my Wacom tablet doesn't work without OpenGL Drawing (I think it is) enabled.

The CPU has an iGPU (Intel HD Graphics) that supports OpenGL.
Both CPU/GPU is ok for light Photoshop use but you're better off with a desktop if you're using a higher resolution display or using a lot of graphic assets. In the next 2-3 years 4k OLED monitors are going to drop in price which will require better GPU's with higher bandwidth to push the extra data around.
For intensive Photoshop use I would be thinking about 8GB to 16GB DDR3 with probably using some of the 16GB as a small RAM Disk.

As for noise most monitors/graphic cards support a digital standards such as DVI/HDMI. It's pretty cheap to run extension cables for these and a USB 3 extension for an extra keyboard, mouse and connection for your Wacom tablet. You can even splice an extra motherboard power button in to remotely turn the pc on. So you could leave the PC in another room and enjoy all the benefits without the noise and heat of a desktop.
Thank you all for your help its all rely useful information and apologies for taking so long in replying
( I switched my ISP and the handover went wrong so I've been without the net for a few days)
Ill give it some thought and let you know what I decide and if I get it how it turns out
Thanks again
Ben
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions