Will an NTSC-U backup game work on a PAL Dreamcast

There's a bleemed version of Crash Bash I'm interested in trying out on my dremcast, however, it is in NTSC-U.

Now I know for a fact a normal genuine real GD-ROM NTSC-J disks (basically, imports) wont work. (I've got a japanese version of Soult Calibur)

However will backups (copies lol) of games from other regions work?

Just before I waste a CD on it..

Basically, will I need a Utopia bootloader disk?

2 Comments

Some backups need the boot disk others don't only way is to try it out or ask someone on the site/wherever you got it from, Regions don't really matter when it comes to backups.

Original Poster

SPAMDOG;5719810

Some backups need the boot disk others don't only way is to try it out or … Some backups need the boot disk others don't only way is to try it out or ask someone on the site/wherever you got it from, Regions don't really matter when it comes to backups.

Thanks.

Will try it anyway then lol.

Need to download a different import disk anyway as when i tried my burnt utopia 1.5 disk nothing comes up (might be due to the fact the file is only like 4mb lol)

Might try DC-X..

Tim
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …88150
    2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
    4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions