Groups

will any pc monitors work on the ps4. or will i need a gaming monitor. and can anyone recomend a cheap one. thanks

i want to buy a monitor that i can use with my ps4

4 Comments

any as long as its HDMI, think about sound though as monitors don't usual have speakers. lower response rate is usually better and IPS panels are usually favoured for colour and clarity. Whats your budget and what size ?
    Edited by: "Britneyfan" 2nd Jun

Original Poster

Britneyfan

any as long as its HDMI, think about sound though as monitors don't usual … any as long as its HDMI, think about sound though as monitors don't usual have speakers. lower response rate is usually better and IPS panels are usually favoured for colour and clarity. Whats your budget and what size ?

​£150 24 inch. or anything up to 32

Yes any monitor with HDMI input will work just make sure the monitor has built in speakers or you'll have to buy separate ones. The response rate will be quicker than a TV which is good for online shooters. The only snag is monitors don't really let you mess around with colour settings so some games could looked washed out a bit. A TV let's you crank up the colour if you like that!
    Edited by: "Decoded" 2nd Jun

The opposite in fact, the PS4 won't work with most gaming features like high frequencies and variable refresh rate. It won't stop you using a gaming monitor if you want but you won't get any advantage from them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions