Will Argos refund price drop?

Found 25th Dec 2017
Hi!

Bought a laptop for my brother for bday in January......was “lowest price ever” on Argos, and much cheaper than anywhere else....so took the plunge on 22nd Dec...

It has now dropped a further £50 ..... (I know the old “would you pay them the extra if it went back up etc!”).....I have reserved another one at the new price, but could I just call up tomorrow and get the £50 refunded? Or do I have to return and re-purchase?! Thanks for any help merry Xmas!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
As long as it's still sealed I'd just return and repurchase that's the easier option.
larrylightweight34 m ago

As long as it's still sealed I'd just return and repurchase that's the …As long as it's still sealed I'd just return and repurchase that's the easier option.

Thanks a lot!
If still sealed return it as already mentioned.

I bought a kettle last year and paid online to collect in store. the price had dropped before i went to collect it and so i asked if the lower price could be matched and got email reply from customer service to say they dont have policy of matching reduced price. I cancelled the order and bought a new one at the lower price.

a case of the tail wagging the dog comes to mind.
MBCH1 h, 30 m ago

Thanks a lot!

feel for you, bought a cot set from Argos for £600 and it is now £450. Gutted isn't the word. trouble is i bought it over 30 days ago.
joesmum1 h, 10 m ago

feel for you, bought a cot set from Argos for £600 and it is now £450. G …feel for you, bought a cot set from Argos for £600 and it is now £450. Gutted isn't the word. trouble is i bought it over 30 days ago.

Ah thanks.....sorry to hear about your situation....i know we all strike “hits” (bargains on HUKD) and then “misses” (like my laptop / your cot, sadly).....

I may try buying the laptop again on the ol’ credit card....and then return it under the previous order receipt.....£50 is £50 after all..... thanks again, and merry Xmas
Get onto Argos live chat and explain the price difference and that you want to enquire Argos' price promise.

They should credit you back the difference if you bring it to their attention within 14 (maybe 28) days.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants