Will Blockbuster replace my sons game?

Hi all! I bought my son a used Cod4 for his 360 and it now has a large circular scratch on the disc! ( think this was caused by the Xbox gettin knocked!) I have a recept, will they exchange it?

11 Comments

I doubt it as it was fine when you bought it. I dont think any shop would refund or replace if you damage something after buying it

not when you caused the damage yourself,that is taking the mick

nope i doubt it

Original Poster

I work for Tesco and we get loads of these (fauly discs) back! Its just from reserch that I found out these types of scratches are caused by xbox movement!

You can try but they will proberly say no, Best they will do is charge you 2-3.50 pound to clean it and it should work after that or you can take it to gamestation and get it cleaned for same price.

go to gamestation and get it repaired think it costs 3.50

a bargain hunter;8278695

I work for Tesco and we get loads of these (fauly discs) back! Its just … I work for Tesco and we get loads of these (fauly discs) back! Its just from reserch that I found out these types of scratches are caused by xbox movement!

I have never had one of my disks scratched from the xbox 360 since my first 360 which I got at launch.

Banned

Suprised i'm the first one to suggest it. Don't they have a 6 month guarantee on these? Could just say it hasn't worked since day 1.

They'll probably try polishing it first though but for free.

lumoruk;8278716

Suprised i'm the first one to suggest it. Don't they have a 6 month … Suprised i'm the first one to suggest it. Don't they have a 6 month guarantee on these? Could just say it hasn't worked since day 1.They'll probably try polishing it first though but for free.

OR like the rest of us suck it up and either get the disk fixed at Gamestation or buy a new copy :thumbsup:

Original Poster

natversion1;8278713

I have never had one of my disks scratched from the xbox 360 since my … I have never had one of my disks scratched from the xbox 360 since my first 360 which I got at launch.

They had a programme on the problem (The Ferret) I think

a bargain hunter;8278746

They had a programme on the problem (The Ferret) I think

Just never move the machine when it's on, take discs out when you move the console even when off and shouldn't be a problem, can't see how it could be Blockbusters fault?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions