Will CEX buy a 360 game from me if it's in italian packaging?

11 replies
Found 17th May 2009
As title says. English game, Italian packaging.

11 Comments

Nope. It wont scan.

Original Poster

coff101;5237293

Nope. It wont scan.

How'd you mean?

They scan the box usually, so it wont appear on there computer. Unless you sell it to them as an unboxed game.

hypnoticstate;5237310

How'd you mean?

I think he means that they won't take it as the barcode wouldn't be the same, and so when the tried to scan it, it wouldn't come up.

I don't think that's quite true, though, as I've sold a bundle game to them before with no barcode, and they simply searched for it on the computer.

Hodsey, it is true, they wouldn't accept my American game there.

Original Poster

hodsey77;5237362

I think he means that they won't take it as the barcode wouldn't be the … I think he means that they won't take it as the barcode wouldn't be the same, and so when the tried to scan it, it wouldn't come up.I don't think that's quite true, though, as I've sold a bundle game to them before with no barcode, and they simply searched for it on the computer.

ok, thanks. I'll give it a go. I've got 7 games i dont want any more, 2 ore foreign boxes and one was a bundle only game so ill keep my fingers crossed.

coff101;5237386

Hodsey, it is true, they wouldn't accept my American game there.

American is different, as some American games won't play on UK 360's.... so that is probably why they didn't take that. European games would all work in the UK, so they wouldn't have a problem taking those in.

Original Poster

hodsey77;5237415

American is different, as some American games won't play on UK 360's.... … American is different, as some American games won't play on UK 360's.... so that is probably why they didn't take that. European games would all work in the UK, so they wouldn't have a problem taking those in.

yeah, my games are all PAL

My games weren't 360, they were PS3, PS3 games aren't regionable so it's not that.

coff101;5237453

My games weren't 360, they were PS3, PS3 games aren't regionable so it's … My games weren't 360, they were PS3, PS3 games aren't regionable so it's not that.

Hmm... dunno then. Maybe they just didn't like the look of you?!?

Original Poster

Well I can report that they took all of my games today, including one which i didn't realise was NTSC and not PAL but because it was multi region they accepted it. They scanned it and it went through without question.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions