Will CEX buy a Macbook with a dead battery

Found 24th Sep 2015

My Macbook battery doesn't hold a charge any more and I was wondering if CEX would still buy it? If yes what grade would they class it as?

Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
Have you asked your local store?
They refused my laptop before because battery life wasn't satisfactory. Maybe try cash converters or something similar.
Original Poster
Thanks fozzeh I didn't think of that lol.
@ adam_holcombe. thanks for the link I didn't know i could get a battery that cheap.
Thanks for letting me know LetoKynes, I'll check out Cash Converters.
I tried the other day with a laptop and it got refused even though the battery was in fairly reasonable condition, the store I took it to (Carlisle) used HWInfo to check battery life, it was at 72%, they are not allowed to accept laptops with battery's below 80% life apparently
Original Poster
Thanks Neo1607. I'll give cex a miss then. I might just put it on eBay.
eBay is your better bet, just label it clearly as having a battery issue. I've sold all sorts of broken stuff on eBay, I'm assuming to people who can repair them and sell them on for a profit.
What kind of macbook and price? Might be interested to buy it here...
Original Poster
Thanks Evy. Hi Rimi it's a macbook unibody white. I think it's a early 2009 model. It's got 4gb ram core2duo 2.0ghz I think. If you're interested I'll open a new thread and post pictures. I forgot to mention that there is a slight high pitch noise that I can here coming from the left side. It's not always there when I turn I on it starts after it's been on for a little bit. Not sure if its a fan.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants