Expired

Will FIFA 15 work on a 12GB PS3?

Found 28th Oct 2014
I'm getting a 12GB PS3 tomorrow with FIFA 15 but will FIFA 15 work on a 12GB PS3? What is the install size of FIFA 15 on PS3? Will 12GB be enough of storage just for FIFA 15 as I only want it for FIFA 15 and no other games. Thanks!
Community Updates
AskFIFA
19 Comments
The person who invented ps3 with 12gb is an idiot
Original Poster Banned
kcspurs

Haha I know right if they were going to make a smaller GB than 500GB why not make it at least 50GB you know? Well apparently after system software updates when setting up the PS3 etc you're only left with about 9GB out of the 12GB, now what I am wondering is will 9GB be enough just for FIFA 15...? It is 10.2GB to download from the PS Store so I imagine the disc would be a lot lower than that, presumably about 3GB but I don't know...
Original Poster Banned
Just found out that on the back of the FIFA 15 PS3 box it says required hard drive space is 1904 KB which is 0.2GB that can't be right there must be more updates to install too in order to bring the size up a bit - probably to about 2GB/3GB?
you'll be fine mate even with updates.
Original Poster Banned
orangebastage

you'll be fine mate even with updates.

Are you really sure mate if 12GB would definitely be enough just for FIFA 15? Cheers!
If Fifa runs from the disc then you will be fine. You run into problems with games like GTA V that install massive chunks to the hard disk. If the back of the box says 0.2gb required then you will be fine so long as you have that much space.

Alternatively, pick up a cheap 500gb HD and slam it in the side. Sometimes cheaper to buy an external HD with a compatible SATA drive inside and break it out to install in the PS3. Caddy will set you back a few quid, the HD if you are savvy around £20-40.
Why anyone would buy a 12gb ps3 is beyond me.

You can get bigger ones for little more. Load times are bad enough from the hard drive so are going to be horrendous having to load the games each and every time you play them from optical media
Original Poster Banned
chocci

Why anyone would buy a 12gb ps3 is beyond me.You can get bigger ones for … Why anyone would buy a 12gb ps3 is beyond me.You can get bigger ones for little more. Load times are bad enough from the hard drive so are going to be horrendous having to load the games each and every time you play them from optical media

I only need a 12GB console as I only play FIFA 15. Theres's no point paying more for a 500GB console when it all won't be used
Should be fine! Worked for me when I had a PS3.
callmethelegend

I only need a 12GB console as I only play FIFA 15. Theres's no point … I only need a 12GB console as I only play FIFA 15. Theres's no point paying more for a 500GB console when it all won't be used

how much is it then? you can get second hand 80gb ones for around £50-£60
Original Poster Banned
chocci

how much is it then? you can get second hand 80gb ones for around £50-£60

Well my mum bought a brand new PS3 12GB console today in GAME for £150, however she got Minecraft with it for free but I traded it in towards a pre-owned copy of FIFA 15 which was £40 but only cost me £27 so all I paid was £27
callmethelegend

Well my mum bought a brand new PS3 12GB console today in GAME for £150, … Well my mum bought a brand new PS3 12GB console today in GAME for £150, however she got Minecraft with it for free but I traded it in towards a pre-owned copy of FIFA 15 which was £40 but only cost me £27 so all I paid was £27

£150 for a 12GB ps3! oO

Edited by: "chocci" 30th Oct 2014
FIFA 15 should come with a warning . its like a drug that just gets u really annoyed and frustrated but u can't stop going back to it. u say stuff like this game will be different but it never is .
Original Poster Banned
chocci

£150 for a 12GB ps3! oO

That's how much they are?
caaan i doo it on 12 gb??????????????
Original Poster Banned
vdfgvsdfvxcvdf

caaan i doo it on 12 gb??????????????

Yes
Dead easy to upgrade the hdd, you need to buy a special tray (£3 from amazon) and you can upcycle a sata hard drive from a different machine if you happen to have one. Otherwise £30 ish. Doesn't invalidate the warrenty or anythng.

I tried to load PES on mine, which was fine... but then no space for anything else at all.
kcspurs

Don't know why you got downvoted twice, this statement is pretty true. It's like buying an 8gb smartphone in 2015.
Hi i Will ask how mutch requie Fifa15 and are it engouth for ps3 12GB Because if i shop it and if it take 3GB Its Good than can i play it Better if it would take 2GB or 1GB
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions