Will gamecube games play on the wii ??

Told they will play so I bought my son a mario double dash, this plays for about 2 mins then an error message comes on the screen.We are using a gamecube controller but do not have a gamecube mem card.
Do we require a mem card to play these games on the wii??
Help much appr.

7 Comments

No, they should play, just need the gamecube controller. Sounds like the disc might be scratched?

Original Poster

The disc looks fine the message on screen reads ..
Turn the power off and check the nintendo gamecube instruction booklet for further instructions.
Just wondered if it plays for 2 mins and can't store the info anywhere so the error comes up!!

thisismark;3864686

The disc looks fine the message on screen reads ..Turn the power off and … The disc looks fine the message on screen reads ..Turn the power off and check the nintendo gamecube instruction booklet for further instructions.Just wondered if it plays for 2 mins and can't store the info anywhere so the error comes up!!

Mario Kart double dash works fine on my Nintendo Wii........

Original Poster

dcx_badass;3864803

My Mario Kart Double Dash works fine aswell.

Do you need a memory card to play the double dash?

All the old gamecube games play on the wii. You don't need a memory card to play them, but you obviously need an old gamecube memory card to save your game. I've had that error message before, its the disc that's the problem. There is a place you can send old gamecube games off to get them fixed, but I'm not sure what its called - have a google!

Might be worth trying to get a JML Disc Clinic as the ad for that on tv suggests it can often fix small scratches and wollies sells a lot of JML stuff which will all be minimum half price now and you might be lucky to get one cheap locally

Original Poster

Cheers guys thanks for your help/comments
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
    2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1629
    4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow55

See more discussions