Expired

Will Halfords only fit car stereos bought from them?

9 replies
Found 19th Dec 2014
As per the question really, I know they used to do free fitting on stereos bought from them but now there is a charge and I'm not sure if it only applies to stereos bought from them?

9 Comments

No you can just book the service for them to do it. Make sure you have all the necessary leads etc or else they will charge you for them too.

Original Poster

wonkey

No you can just book the service for them to do it. Make sure you have … No you can just book the service for them to do it. Make sure you have all the necessary leads etc or else they will charge you for them too.

Thanks, I remember years ago when they did free fitting and the parts probably cost more than my car at the time.

try a local auto electrician could be cheaper and fitter by a ........will let you add your own comment

Original Poster

eslick

try a local auto electrician could be cheaper and fitter by a … try a local auto electrician could be cheaper and fitter by a ........will let you add your own comment

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean There's a local garage by me who I reckon might be a better bet.

i bought a new stereo and kit from Halfords around 3-4 years ago,at the time fitting wasn't free. There was also info on their site saying they only fit items bought from them.

Took my car in and left it,went to pick it up and it wasn't fitted correctly-steering controls not connected as they said it was too difficult.

Ended up getting a refund and bought all the parts elsewhere a lot cheaper. I then got a mobile auto electrician to fit it for half the cost.
I wouldn't trust Halfords unless it was a simple fit.

I was told mine couldn't be fitted properly as they would have to remove the whole dash which they weren't insured for. Auto electrician guy managed easy,and the whole dash was 3 small screws!!
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 19th Dec 2014

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

i bought a new stereo and kit from Halfords around 3-4 years ago,at the … i bought a new stereo and kit from Halfords around 3-4 years ago,at the time fitting wasn't free. There was also info on their site saying they only fit items bought from them.Took my car in and left it,went to pick it up and it wasn't fitted correctly-steering controls not connected as they said it was too difficult.Ended up getting a refund and bought all the parts elsewhere a lot cheaper. I then got a mobile auto electrician to fit it for half the cost.I wouldn't trust Halfords unless it was a simple fit.I was told mine couldn't be fitted properly as they would have to remove the whole dash which they weren't insured for. Auto electrician guy managed easy,and the whole dash was 3 small screws!!

I got mine fitted in a Rover 111/Metro in 2007, it was free then, unless they took pity on me for having that as a car

I've got intouch with my usual garage as they normally send quotes on request.

You can pop round and do mine if you like, I'll give you £10, a cup of tea and a jammy dodger.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the answers, the best one was marked as such because it answered directly The other answers are very helpful though.

Steve Mac

I got mine fitted in a Rover 111/Metro in 2007, it was free then, unless … I got mine fitted in a Rover 111/Metro in 2007, it was free then, unless they took pity on me for having that as a car :)I've got intouch with my usual garage as they normally send quotes on request.You can pop round and do mine if you like, I'll give you £10, a cup of tea and a jammy dodger.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start Being a gal I usually just get someone else to do car things for me, unless its the washing and polishing which I love doing!
Hope you get it sorted
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 19th Dec 2014

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start Being a gal I usually … Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start Being a gal I usually just get someone else to do car things for me, unless its the washing and polishing which I love doing! Hope you get it sorted

If the washing and polishing applies to the house then you are definitely invited. Mrs Mac doesn't like that but I do so would could make a day of it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions