Will HUKD ever get For Sale / Wanted / Trade Forum back?

Found 29th Apr
Seeing how much of a failure Lokal is, will HUKD ever bring back the For Sale forums? This probably was one of the best things about HUKD.

What were the reasonings behind closing in the first place and what changes would you want if the For sale threads were introduced?

For Example. Members who want to sell (they can buy) have to be registered for minimum 3 months and posted X amount of times?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
redcantona17 m ago

HUKD make all their money from members working for nothing. Wouldn't hurt …HUKD make all their money from members working for nothing. Wouldn't hurt for them to give something back. They could have asked trusted members to take over the admin side but didn't. Maybe misc and ask will be next because they make no money from them.

Misc is already on its way to being an online version of the Walton's with the new rules. It's virtually dead now (unless you like like saying ''goodnight' multiple times)
Think about it ! For just a minute .

Contrary to the Rose tinted specs view , FS/FT was far from being free of fraudulent transactions . I saw numerous complaints every day , which of course the Mods had to attempt to police - which I imagine must have taken up much of their time .

How much did HUKD " make " from the use of their "platform" and their employees time ? Zilch !

Why should HUKD provide and police a FS/FT section when there is no money in it for them ? It appealed ,of course , to members as it was free and maybe a bit more reliable than the multitude of current platforms .

I don't agree with much about todays HUKD and its employees but I accept that the removal of FS/FT was inevitable .

Maybe it could be restarted if members were willing to pay for it
Edited by: "rogparki" 29th Apr
33715636-qs8cj.jpg
redcantona1 h, 27 m ago

HUKD make all their money from members working for nothing. Wouldn't hurt …HUKD make all their money from members working for nothing. Wouldn't hurt for them to give something back. They could have asked trusted members to take over the admin side but didn't. Maybe misc and ask will be next because they make no money from them.

I offered to do that when it was announced the Forum was being closed, but the decision had already been made.
20 Comments
Doubt it, mods got annoyed with everyone whining about paying for unicorns with paypal gift. Too many scammers and gullible people
Think about it ! For just a minute .

Contrary to the Rose tinted specs view , FS/FT was far from being free of fraudulent transactions . I saw numerous complaints every day , which of course the Mods had to attempt to police - which I imagine must have taken up much of their time .

How much did HUKD " make " from the use of their "platform" and their employees time ? Zilch !

Why should HUKD provide and police a FS/FT section when there is no money in it for them ? It appealed ,of course , to members as it was free and maybe a bit more reliable than the multitude of current platforms .

I don't agree with much about todays HUKD and its employees but I accept that the removal of FS/FT was inevitable .

Maybe it could be restarted if members were willing to pay for it
Edited by: "rogparki" 29th Apr
33715636-qs8cj.jpg
rogparki15 m ago

How much did HUKD " make " from the use of their "platform" and their …How much did HUKD " make " from the use of their "platform" and their employees time ? Zilch !

HUKD make all their money from members working for nothing. Wouldn't hurt for them to give something back. They could have asked trusted members to take over the admin side but didn't. Maybe misc and ask will be next because they make no money from them.
Edited by: "redcantona" 29th Apr
redcantona17 m ago

Misc is already on its way to being an online version of the Walton's with the new rules. It's virtually dead now (unless you like like saying ''goodnight' multiple times)
deleted396333
shadey1223 m ago

Misc is already on its way to being an online version of the Walton's with …Misc is already on its way to being an online version of the Walton's with the new rules. It's virtually dead now (unless you like like saying ''goodnight' multiple times)

I like like people saying like multiple times.
shadey1230 m ago

Misc is already on its way to being an online version of the Walton's with …Misc is already on its way to being an online version of the Walton's with the new rules. It's virtually dead now (unless you like like saying ''goodnight' multiple times)

hotukdeals.com/fee…142

Political and religious debate is no longer permitted

Point 4.

• Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*

You couldn't make it up. Probably other gems in there, couldn't be bothered reading it.
redcantona1 h, 27 m ago

I offered to do that when it was announced the Forum was being closed, but the decision had already been made.
deleted1315437
fanpages8 m ago

I offered to do that when it was announced the Forum was being closed, but …I offered to do that when it was announced the Forum was being closed, but the decision had already been made.

Get over it mate! 2011 was so 2011.
deleted131543729th Apr

Get over it mate! 2011 was so 2011.

Think you just breached point 4 mentioned above. In any case it's a school day tomorrow shouldn't you be in the bath?
deleted1315437
redcantona7 m ago

Think you just breached point 4 mentioned above. In any case it's a school …Think you just breached point 4 mentioned above. In any case it's a school day tomorrow shouldn't you be in the bath?

If it's like that. Won any Bingo games lately?
redcantona3 h, 4 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/code-of-conduct-political-and-religious-discussion-no-longer-permitted-2902142Political and religious debate is no longer permittedPoint 4.Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*You couldn't make it up. Probably other gems in there, couldn't be bothered reading it.

I don't think I made any comments in that thread, it seemed pointless when you watched how many were deleted on a regular basis to 'clean up' the thread (I bet even @fanpages couldn't tell you how many comments have been made in total on that thread) it should have just been a closed statement, what's the point allowing people to comment when anyone disagreeing is deleted. The only thing it allowed was people saying 'great idea' who have made no contribution before or since to misc section.
shadey1226 m ago

I don't think I made any comments in that thread, it seemed pointless when …I don't think I made any comments in that thread, it seemed pointless when you watched how many were deleted on a regular basis to 'clean up' the thread (I bet even @fanpages couldn't tell you how many comments have been made in total on that thread) it should have just been a closed statement, what's the point allowing people to comment when anyone disagreeing is deleted. The only thing it allowed was people saying 'great idea' who have made no contribution before or since to misc section.

Wouldn't write fanpages off so quickly.
I beggars belief though when they promote freedom of speech in a thread about mass censorship. I wonder if they know what freedom is.
redcantona3 h, 44 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/code-of-conduct-political-and-religious-discussion-no-longer-permitted-2902142Political and religious debate is no longer permittedPoint 4.Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*You couldn't make it up. Probably other gems in there, couldn't be bothered reading it.

Gotta admit, point 4 is a classic. Surely somebody must have noticed the irony and said, whoaaah, hold on a second before you post no. 4
They can take our FS&T but they can’t take our Freedo....

oh yeah - yeah they did - my bad...

dont mention the the war I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it....
joanddan712 m ago

They can take our FS&T but they can’t take our Freedo....oh yeah - yeah t …They can take our FS&T but they can’t take our Freedo....oh yeah - yeah they did - my bad... dont mention the the war I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it....

They are not getting mine...

33717919-Fjgkm.jpg
[ freedotrader.com ]

...and now they can't trade anything for it either!
As the site changes from its original site - to its new site these days and as it becomes bigger and bigger from the days of pre naughties .. . .. when it was literally a site made up of "members" for want of a better word, it has by its own success become very, very popular - and in the exponential growth, certain parts of it became untenable - both from a fraud perspective, and that of policing it... ... The "Return" just wasn't going to be viable.

Not without making a charge or similar - which of course is a hypocritical sense to be in... .. ..

I, like many others that no longer use it - loved misc and the fun we had in ther and used to use FS/FT a lot and luckily had no issue at all..... But.... Today - I just feel that the risks vs reward are too high for Pepper. ((((((HUGS n Purrrrrssss)))))
No incentives anymore so i won't put up anymore deals.
I think the reasons for getting rid of FS/FT were fairly simple, it took a fairly high amount of resource to maintain from the HUKD staff and brought no financial benefit to the site at all. I'll be surprised if it comes back as there's no real way to avoid those issues.
33722825-pc3uZ.jpg

is this why?

Just asking
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants