Groups

Will I get my money back?? (CDiscount)

I had an order placed with them from a while ago, still not recieved it and now I hear they're going into liquidation. I quickly emailed to cancel but knowing this rubbish company I have a feeling they will run away with my money!!!

It's £256, paid by Maestro Debit card they took it on the 14th of October. Is that all gone or do I have a chance of getting any of it back??
    I'm so annoyed!

29 Comments

oh going into liquidation i didn't know is maestro a credit card? if so claim through them.

Original Poster

It's a debit card

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Liquidation in Ireland is like our Administration process.... they could still get rescued.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

For some reason I don't think that will happen...

Finally another cd discount thread

Banned

J.Dance;6821951

Finally another cd discount thread

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]who cares[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6821978

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]who … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]who cares[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thats my point

debit card payment is bad, you are going to struggle as you are bottom of the pile for paying.

Visa debit card would have been fine.
    Maestro on the other had.... you will struggle

A. While Section 75 doesn’t apply to debit cards, there is something else to fall back on if you paid on a Visa debit card, or Visa credit card under £100 (otherwise go for Section 75). Known as Visa Chargeback, this is part of Visa’s internal rules and not a legal requirement.

This isn’t something you should do proactively, it’s a last resort option which gives you a chance of getting your cash back if the company has gone bust or not delivered. It was something I first pushed during the Farepak crisis and has had quite a number of successes.

It does mean though, that a Visa credit card, if you have a choice, may be a better option than a Mastercard credit card, as you'll be able to claim through Section 75 for amounts over £100 and Chargeback for amounts below.

moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ses

Original Poster

I called my bank, they said they can't do anything about it unless it's fraud. They said to contact the police if I can't get in touch with the company

dam that sux, feel sorry for ya fella

Banned

Sorry to hijack the thread I payed for a 32" tv and still havnt received it I payed with a visa debit card am I protected at all?

so far as i am aware, a debit card purchase doesnt legally offer any protection, as a credit would of.
    A call to citizens advice would deffo clear this up one way or another

Banned

Just been searching up on the visa debit chargeback and that sounds promising going to call the bank up tomorrow and see what they say.

Banned

Arif123;6822209

I called my bank, they said they can't do anything about it unless it's … I called my bank, they said they can't do anything about it unless it's fraud. They said to contact the police if I can't get in touch with the company

the police! :w00t:

they have better things to do than look into a company going into liquidation. Save your phone bill.

basically, and spare cash in the company will go to the taxman, banks, creditors (you) in that order.

I reckon you wont get anything back and paying with a debit card offers little protection either. Always pay with a credit card if over £100.

Banned

YOU MAY HAVE GOT LUCKY!

Maestro debit card
    Under Maestro UK rules, UK cardholders don't have the right to a refund if a company fails to deliver the goods or services they have paid for.
    In a statement, Maestro told us:
    "The cardholder's bank is not obliged under both the Maestro domestic rules and UK law to refund the cost of those goods/services [which aren't delivered]."
    If the company goes bust, it said:
    "The situation is the same as for consumers who have made payment by cash or cheque, where they can stand in line as a creditor of that failed business."
    However, there is an exception.
    If you are a UK cardholder who ordered goods online from an overseas website, Maestro says you have the right to a refund if they don't arrive.
    So what is an overseas website?
    Maestro says it is any website whose "centre of operations" is outside the UK. Which may be the case even if a website name ends with dot uk, it says.

I doubt it csi as they were set up as a seperate company I believe?

Banned

Benjimoron;6825292

I doubt it csi as they were set up as a seperate company I believe?

so they are UK based then?

You are getting it wrong with the rights of this debit card.
    Quoting chargeback and rights to a refund are as they said refund or chargeback from the company cdiscount and not your bank.

If in administration the banks are frozen and you will not get a refund or a chargeback from them.

Banned

Chiptivo;6825450

You are getting it wrong with the rights of this debit card. Quoting … You are getting it wrong with the rights of this debit card. Quoting chargeback and rights to a refund are as they said refund or chargeback from the company cdiscount and not your bank.If in administration the banks are frozen and you will not get a refund or a chargeback from them.

read post 17

Banned

Chiptivo;6825450

You are getting it wrong with the rights of this debit card. Quoting … You are getting it wrong with the rights of this debit card. Quoting chargeback and rights to a refund are as they said refund or chargeback from the company cdiscount and not your bank.If in administration the banks are frozen and you will not get a refund or a chargeback from them.

From what I have read they do the chargeback on the bank cdiscount use and not cdiscount themselves hence you can do a chargeback on a firm thats gone bust.

Anyway ringing cdiscount up now and then the bank so I will update on what they say in a min.

csiman;6825302

so they are UK based then?

I don't know mate but I have a feeling they might be:

Bitterwallet

In spite of their rampant success on the continent, the UK and Ireland … In spite of their rampant success on the continent, the UK and Ireland version was set up as a stand-alone company

Maybe someone could find out from Companies house? I think you have to have a subscription??

Banned

Just got off the phone to cdiscount.

Heres the info on my order.
    Basically I ordered the lg tv offer for £228 on the 06/10/09 and then they said because of the amount of orders they had to get more stock and the order would be dispatched on the week commencing 26/10/09 I didn't recieve anything so I asked them where it was and they said there had been a delay so I cancelled my order on the 05th of this month and I recieved an email saying my cancellation had been passed on and I will recieve a refund.

Anyway to the phonecall now. The guy said if they said they will refund then I will get a refund and the only reason I havnt been refunded yet is because theres a backlog (I hadn't even given him my details) is he just fobbing me off?
    Also when I mentioned about them going into liquidation he confirmed it and said it won't effect my refund?
    Im pretty sure that I wont get a refund going to see what the bank say now.

AFAIK, they won't be allowed to give any refunds without higher permission. The money probably won't legally be theirs anymore.

I'd get writing to Gordon Brown.

waiting for a refund myself since last week... don't know what I can do now...

[url]www.cdiscount.co.uk[/url] is a website operated by Cdiscount Retail Limited (we). We are registered in Ireland under company number 454811 and with our registered office at Finnabair Industrial Park, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland. Our main trading address is

Cdiscount Retail Ltd
    3A Falcon Gate
    Falcon Way, Shire Park
    Welwyn Garden City
    Hertfordshire
    AL7 1TW

Our VAT number is GB922954901.

Does Ireland count as a foreign company? I suppose it does.

Although is their centre of operations in Welwyn Garden City??

Banned

Just got off the phone from Barclays who said I have to give CDiscount 30 days from the date of them saying they will give me a refund (you have to have the confirmation of a refund in writing however she said an email was fine) if I have no refund in that time she said we then open a dispute for item not recieved and they will get the money back.
    I explained the situation with the liquidation and she said if they do go under I need a letter off the recievers and once they recieve that letter they can start the chargeback so hopefully I will get my money back.

Banned

I ordered a suit on the 1st Novemeber and got it within a couple of days

Just got off the phone from cdiscount as waiting for a 99.99 refund, basically he said i was'nt on their refund log and very unlikely i'd get one now as they have been told to put a freeze on refunds.He said to contact bank and he would send an email as proof for bank.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save47
      2. Tooth extraction88
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      4. Box Nation44

See more discussions