Groups

Will I need to defrost a frost-free freezer before I move house?

This may be a silly question but I'm moving home in a few days and there's no ice in my freezer as it's a frost-free one but does anyone know what the advice is about whether I'll still need to turn it off the night before before to defrost it? Any advice greatly appreciated!

7 Comments

Its 24hrs,check this out :
    ]http//ww…tml
    :thumbsup:

The freezer should be switched off for at least 12 hours before moving.
    Models and age could differ - some say to defrost completely,
    check with manual if still have or a local retailer.
    Take the opportunity to run down the contents and empty /defrost/clean,
    then refill completely.
    Also, one moved, should be left on for at least 12 hours (check model/age)
    to settle before using again.
    Good luck with the move.

Its frost free so it dosent need defrosting !

Fan50;7281201

The freezer should be switched off for at least 12 hours before … The freezer should be switched off for at least 12 hours before moving.Models and age could differ - some say to defrost completely,check with manual if still have or a local retailer. Take the opportunity to run down the contents and empty /defrost/clean,then refill completely.[COLOR="Red"]Also, one moved, should be left on for at least 12 hours (check model/age)to settle before using again.[/COLOR]Good luck with the move.

[COLOR="red"]Should actually leave it off once moved and you have it where it is going to be sitting in your new house for a couple of hours to let the gases in the bottle settle.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

Thank you for all your advice - still a bit confused but guess I'll turn it off the night before even though ther's no apparent ice anywhere to be seen just to be safe! I knew I had to leave it to settle for a few hours in new house but didn't realise it was 24 hours - at least with this freezing weather I can leave milk etc. outside, but just means the xmas food shop will now be even more delayed - such fun!

Its frost free, if you have ice then you have a problem, you dont need to leave it settle for 24 hours, 2 or 3 will be plenty, as long as its been transported upright you will be ok

Original Poster

deanos;7281367

Its frost free, if you have ice then you have a problem, you dont need … Its frost free, if you have ice then you have a problem, you dont need to leave it settle for 24 hours, 2 or 3 will be plenty, as long as its been transported upright you will be ok

Thanks - it will be upright and we're only moving a few mins down the road although it's down a bit of a hill so guess that means it won't be upright!! In the past I've only waited a few hours with previous freezers and they have been fine so maybe I'll chance it and if not, there's always hot deals to look out for a nice new one in the sales!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767472
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      3. word association Game74044579
      4. One thing you've forgotten911

See more discussions