Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?

Found 20th Oct 2017
Does anyone still have an iPad 2 on the iOS 8 or 9? If so, how is it running?

Mine is still on iOS 7 and I’m worried it will slow down if I update it.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Each update slows down every device, minus the newest one as the iOS is built for it. However I would argue it is best to upgrade if you are still on iOS 7 as I am sure there are little apps that are compatible with the iPad on iOS 7 (most require iOS 8 and above now)
Agree with Dolphinzz - mine is still OK though. No plans on upgrading to a newer model.
Original Poster
Dolphinzz23 m ago

Each update slows down every device, minus the newest one as the iOS is …Each update slows down every device, minus the newest one as the iOS is built for it. However I would argue it is best to upgrade if you are still on iOS 7 as I am sure there are little apps that are compatible with the iPad on iOS 7 (most require iOS 8 and above now)

You’re right. A lot of the new games are not compatible anymore. I just don’t want to render it useless as at the moment surfing and playing old games is as good as it was when I bought it all those years ago.
i am on ios 11.0.3 on ipad air and it has drained the battery quite a lot but i always upgrade the software when asked as i want new stuff.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants