Will match dating site refund me?

Found 22nd Jan 2015
I joined match.com and logged in with paypal, expecting to see a final price and then a 'confirm' button. There wasn't one. There was a 'continue' and then a button for 'upgrade'. I clicked continue, then upgrade and found it had gone through and charged me TWO payments, one for £54 and one for £59. I honestly never wanted to actually go through with it. Will they refund me for this??? The payment section was set up very poorly and it caught me out big time.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Open a Paypal dispute.
You will be covered by the distance selling rules. If you buy over the internet you get a certain amount of time to change your mind. Usually a min of 7 days. So get in touch with the dating site and cancel and open a dispute with PayPal also.
Forgot to ask, you dancin'
Use plenty of fish dot com. Free dating site
kirstie2806

Use plenty of fish dot com. Free dating site

Really!
dereklogan7

You will be covered by the distance selling rules. If you buy over the … You will be covered by the distance selling rules. If you buy over the internet you get a certain amount of time to change your mind. Usually a min of 7 days. So get in touch with the dating site and cancel and open a dispute with PayPal also.

The Distance Selling Regulations have been replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations and the cooling off period is 14 days.
ceres

The Distance Selling Regulations have been replaced by the Consumer … The Distance Selling Regulations have been replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations and the cooling off period is 14 days.

Thanks, good to keep up on these things.
bargainBooze

Open a Paypal dispute.

Woman not as described , needed beer goggles ?
dereklogan7

Thanks, good to keep up on these things.

Even better not to post wrong info.
ceres

Even better not to post wrong info.

It's the same, just some jobsworth changing the name.
ceres

The Distance Selling Regulations have been replaced by the Consumer … The Distance Selling Regulations have been replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations and the cooling off period is 14 days.

didn't know about this new Consumer Contracts Regulations replacing the old DSR ,
I've jut looked it up ..interesting ..
..so does it mean in the event of returning an item within the 14 day period you're also entitled to a refund of the cost of postage to you ( i.e the P&P charges the seller applied to the goods they sent to you) or do you just get the cost of the item refunded. I ask as most sellers state they don't refund postage or is this misleading and therefore falling foul of the new rules
Thanks in advance for further clarification
darklight

didn't know about this new Consumer Contracts Regulations replacing the … didn't know about this new Consumer Contracts Regulations replacing the old DSR , I've jut looked it up ..interesting ....so does it mean in the event of returning an item within the 14 day period you're also entitled to a refund of the cost of postage to you ( i.e the P&P charges the seller applied to the goods they sent to you) or do you just get the cost of the item refunded. I ask as most sellers state they don't refund postage or is this misleading and therefore falling foul of the new rules Thanks in advance for further clarification

I always thought DSR doesn't cover services.
rev6

I always thought DSR doesn't cover services.

hmmm...
"So if a consumer uses their right to cancel under DSRs, you must refund them the total price paid, including any delivery charges
. You cannot charge a restocking fee or administration fee either."

i read this on this web page -> andrewminalto.com/dis…ay/
Edited by: "darklight" 23rd Jan 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants