Groups

will my 509 lg g4 get a bootloop?

Just bought a lg g4 from ebay and the s/n starts with 509 will i get a bootloop and should i return the phone? Thanks

20 Comments

It may never happen. The serial numbers seem to be 503-509

I had two that were 602 serials and both got the bootloop issue. One lasted only five hours but I could have just been exceptionally unlucky.

Well if you do get the dreaded bootloop LG will fix it free of charge as they know they have an issue with these phones.

joey1352

I had two that were 602 serials and both got the bootloop issue. One … I had two that were 602 serials and both got the bootloop issue. One lasted only five hours but I could have just been exceptionally unlucky.

I think you were very unlucky. I've heard a few 601's gone bad but newer than that nothing. Was yours brand new?

Evouk

I think you were very unlucky. I've heard a few 601's gone bad but newer … I think you were very unlucky. I've heard a few 601's gone bad but newer than that nothing. Was yours brand new?

Yeah both brand new bought from Amazon as the seller so no grey imports or anything like that, really disappointed as it was a brilliant phone, the first one lasted six days only so didn't even get to use it for a full week. Had a hell of a time returning them to Amazon as well, customer service just wasn't very good in that instance

I have a 505. No issues so far with bootloop.

I have unlocked the bootloader and installed Cyanogenmod so I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

joey1352

Yeah both brand new bought from Amazon as the seller so no grey imports … Yeah both brand new bought from Amazon as the seller so no grey imports or anything like that, really disappointed as it was a brilliant phone, the first one lasted six days only so didn't even get to use it for a full week. Had a hell of a time returning them to Amazon as well, customer service just wasn't very good in that instance

Bummer! LG would've fixed it f.o.c

ceanth

I have a 505. No issues so far with bootloop. I have unlocked the … I have a 505. No issues so far with bootloop. I have unlocked the bootloader and installed Cyanogenmod so I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

Fingers crossed then. I did read reports that MM might be causing a higher failure rate than LP, sure LG said it says the fault of hardware.

Evouk

Fingers crossed then. I did read reports that MM might be causing a … Fingers crossed then. I did read reports that MM might be causing a higher failure rate than LP, sure LG said it says the fault of hardware.

I used official mm and then official LP and had no issues.

I didn't like all the LG stuff so went for Cyanogenmod.

Good luck!

Well for me so far so good. Mine's a 601 serial.oO

ceanth

I have a 505. No issues so far with bootloop. I have unlocked the … I have a 505. No issues so far with bootloop. I have unlocked the bootloader and installed Cyanogenmod so I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

It's hardware, not software. There is a bad point on the mobo.

will LG replace or fix? mine is a 507 no problems so far....

They will only replace it if there is a problem.

artnada

They will only replace it if there is a problem.

​new phone or refurbished guessing will be one of the new models

Shotzz96

​new phone or refurbished guessing will be one of the new models

Probably re-furbished.(New mobo)

Evouk

Well if you do get the dreaded bootloop LG will fix it free of charge as … Well if you do get the dreaded bootloop LG will fix it free of charge as they know they have an issue with these phones.

Only if less than a year old.

ceanth

505 here too. I stuck with locked bootloader and stock ROM as well and have had no issues since buying from new around ten months ago.

getting a brand new g5.... result!!

eire og

getting a brand new g5.... result!!

​G5 from a G4?

My 507 has just got it. It is 14 months old, LG say their warranty is only 12 months, but has anyone had any luck getting them to repair it outside warranty either as good will or by quoting the EU directive at them?

Cheers!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions