will my bank exchange money? I need fivers

15 replies
Found 5th Jan
Hi

I have £100 in tens and twenties. If I take this to my bank will they give me the same amount in fivers if I ask?

Anywhere else I can get this?

15 Comments

yes they will if your moneys genuine

tomminator

Not if you walk in off the street they won't. You'll need to pay it in and withdraw it again so they have an audit trail. They won't just give notes out of their till without a transaction.

I would guess they would yeah. You'll have to go to the actual desk and explain, just say you've drawn it out of your account and want it in fives.

Original Poster

tomminator

It is

Original Poster

rushofoxygen

I would guess they would yeah. You'll have to go to the actual desk and … I would guess they would yeah. You'll have to go to the actual desk and explain, just say you've drawn it out of your account and want it in fives.

I drew it out like 2 months ago. **** take putting it back in and out! If it means so fine

Oh dear, 20x £5 notes ready to go on ebay

rushofoxygen

I would guess they would yeah. You'll have to go to the actual desk and … I would guess they would yeah. You'll have to go to the actual desk and explain, just say you've drawn it out of your account and want it in fives.

Read my post again. It's a common myth that banks just change money with no transaction involved. It just isn't the case anymore. Cashiers often get till errors so get told not to do this. It also leaves the bank open to getting fake notes with no record of who gave them in. When I worked in a branch our head office always told us this is a no no. If a customer wanted to change notes it goes in the account and out again. It would never be done for non customers under any circumstances.

Original Poster

J4GG4

Oh dear, 20x £5 notes ready to go on ebay

Why not!

Good luck.I have been watching £5 notes go on ebay and most people arnt stupid enough to buy them or bud. Seen so many get cancelled/withdrawn as they dont reach there value.

Original Poster

farmeruk1

Good luck.I have been watching £5 notes go on ebay and most people arnt … Good luck.I have been watching £5 notes go on ebay and most people arnt stupid enough to buy them or bud. Seen so many get cancelled/withdrawn as they dont reach there value.

Mate I need the fivers for work, it makes it easier for me to handle cash payments that's all.

Previously would get a local chippy to do me a swap, since new owners place isn't too keen. Worked in their favour end of day too

Your local post office?

WestMidlands

Mate I need the fivers for work, it makes it easier for me to handle cash … Mate I need the fivers for work, it makes it easier for me to handle cash payments that's all.Previously would get a local chippy to do me a swap, since new owners place isn't too keen. Worked in their favour end of day too

In that case, I would just deposit into bank,instantly credits them.Withdraw threw teller if there is one. My branch you can deposit into machine and it counts it and automatically goes into account.. Then go to teller and ask for whatever you need in £5 notes, if they query witch I'm sure they won't, just say it's for work as you have a phobia of well used notes.
Edited by: "farmeruk1" 5th Jan

farmeruk1

In that case, I would just deposit into bank,instantly credits … In that case, I would just deposit into bank,instantly credits them.Withdraw threw teller if there is one. My branch you can deposit into machine and it counts it and automatically goes into account.. Then go to teller and ask for whatever you need in £5 notes, if they query witch I'm sure they won't, just say it's for work as you have a phobia of well used notes.

I Bank at Barclays and when I withdraw cash I get the option to choose what notes I would like ie £5 notes if need be.. I'm sure every modern bank will be offering this service ?

I bank with Barclays and I often ask them for my money in £5 notes and also bags of 50ps. They don't mind how they give you it. If you pay it into your account and withdraw it again ask for it in whatever donomination you want. They give you it however you want it no questions asked

farmeruk1

In that case, I would just deposit into bank,instantly credits … In that case, I would just deposit into bank,instantly credits them.Withdraw threw teller if there is one. My branch you can deposit into machine and it counts it and automatically goes into account.. Then go to teller and ask for whatever you need in £5 notes, if they query witch I'm sure they won't, just say it's for work as you have a phobia of well used notes.

​saying it's for work they ask u to get a business account and u will need pay just take the money and ask them to swap it then if they ask u pay it in just use ur normal account all sorted unless they don't have that many 5 in which I doubt it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247670
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…57120
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769607
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314661

See more discussions