Will my pc handle a 4K monitor?

Posted 15th Oct
I’m thinking of purchasing a 32 inch 4K or QHD monitor.Purely for photo editing.Will my Pc handle it.The pc has hdmi and Dp sockets.
Here are my pc specs

Operating System-
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU-
Intel Core i5 7500 @ 3.40GHzKaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM-
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard-
ASRock B250M-HDV (CPUSocket)
Graphics-
LEN L27i-28 (1920x1080@75Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Storage-

931GB SanDisk SDSSDH3 1T00 (SATA (SSD))
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Yes

Radeon™ RX 480 GPU Compute Units
Base Frequency
1120 MHz
Boost Frequency
Up to 1266 MHz
Max Performance
Up to 5.8 TFLOPs
Stream Processors
GPU Power
110 W
Requirements Typical Board Power (Desktop)
150 W
PSU Recommendation
500 W
GPU Memory Memory Speed (Effective)
7 Gbps
Max Memory Size
4 GB
Memory Type (GPU)
GDDR5
Memory Interface
256-bit
Max. Memory Bandwidth
224 GB/s
Supported Rendering Format HDMI™ 4K Support
Yes
4K H264 Decode
Yes
4K H264 Encode
Yes
H265/HEVC Decode
Yes
H265/HEVC Encode
Yes
Connectivity DisplayPort
1.4 HDR
Dual Link DVI
No
HDMI™
4K60 Support
VGA
No
Features Supported Technologies
Radeon™ VR Ready Premium
Radeon™ FreeSync Technology
4th Gen GCN Architecture
Radeon™ Chill
Radeon™ ReLive
DirectX® 12 Technology
AMD Eyefinity Technology (Gaming)
Catalyst Software
AMD CrossFire™ Technology
AMD CrossFire™ (Bridgeless)
3rd Gen 14nm Process Technology
OpenCL 2.0
OpenGL 4.5
AMD PowerTune Technology
TrueAudio Next
Unified Video Decoder (UVD)
Video Code Engine (VCE)
Virtual Super Resolution
The Vulkan® API
AMD ZeroCore Power Technology
AMD Gaming Evolved Client
General Product Family
Radeon™ 400 Series
Product Line
Radeon™ RX 400 Series
Type
Component
OS Support
Windows 10 - 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition
Ubuntu x86 64-Bit
Linux x86_64
It will handle 4k but it won’t be a perfectly fluid experience. QHD will be smoother. Be sure to use the display output(s) on your graphics card rather than the ones on your motherboard if you aren’t already.
Depends on what you mean by "handle", and handle "what".
As of 2016, most PCs will be able to drive a 4K monitor without any issues. If you’re editing photos, browsing the web or simply using the extra real estate to have multiple windows open at once, even integrated graphics chips should handle the extra pixels (namely any CPU that has integrated graphics which says it supports 4k in its specification).
Then the next dependence is the port and cables that you use to connect. Looks like HDMI™
4K60 Support does it.
Once you get into 4k videos (include games) then your 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics drives 4k no problem, like Battlefield 1
splender15/10/2019 12:13

Depends on what you mean by "handle", and handle "what".As of 2016, most …Depends on what you mean by "handle", and handle "what".As of 2016, most PCs will be able to drive a 4K monitor without any issues. If you’re editing photos, browsing the web or simply using the extra real estate to have multiple windows open at once, even integrated graphics chips should handle the extra pixels (namely any CPU that has integrated graphics which says it supports 4k in its specification).Then the next dependence is the port and cables that you use to connect. Looks like HDMI™ 4K60 Support does it.Once you get into 4k videos (include games) then your 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics drives 4k no problem, like Battlefield 1

It will run BF1 at 4k/30 at ultra but I wouldn't expect anything more.
Regarding my original post I will NOT be using this to play games or watch movies.ONLY photo editing and maybe video editing...nothing more.My pc has both HDMI AND DP
scorpio.iscariot15/10/2019 12:49

Regarding my original post I will NOT be using this to play games or watch …Regarding my original post I will NOT be using this to play games or watch movies.ONLY photo editing and maybe video editing...nothing more.My pc has both HDMI AND DP

Sorry, I was replying to the other poster who said it would run BF1 "4k no problem"

But yeah like others said it will run a 4k monitor without any issues on both HDMI and DP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants