Will Next refund £3.99 P&P if I refuse delivery of an item?

I ordered some small furniture and forgot to enter the code for Free Delivery. I phoned immediately to cancel and they said just refuse delivery.

47 Comments

Is it worth it for a few pence?

Take delivery then everytime you see that item it will remind you to enter the code in future.

Original Poster

For £3.99, yes. If they'll refund it, I'll order again with the free delivery code, but if they don't, then I'll keep the furniture when it arrives and just accept a £3.99 loss.

would they not just take the delivery charge off??

Original Poster

I phoned Next and they said I would get free delivery! Maybe I'm uber frugal, but paying £4 P&P on a £90 order was a deal breaker for me. I'm surprised some think £4 is not worth saving: surely we're all bargain hunters here on HUKD?

Think green, they;re going to turn up with this item for you to say no you dont want it, then have them redeliver it 2 days later, you've already incurred the cost of a phone call asking them for advice.

Hell, give me you're paypal address and I'll refund your £3.99

windhoek

I phoned Next and they said I would get free delivery! Maybe I'm uber … I phoned Next and they said I would get free delivery! Maybe I'm uber frugal, but paying £4 P&P on a £90 order was a deal breaker for me. I'm surprised some think £4 is not worth saving: surely we're all bargain hunters here on HUKD?

Saving £4 is one thing but letting a company got o the expense of delivering something twice just because you forgot to enter a code is a bit selfish tbh,

I have to say i wouldn't think twice about £4. If we were talking £10 or more then i'd save it but anything less and the hassle wouldn't be worth it for me.

Don't do it, what happens if you send it back, then go to reorder and then item is no longer in stock, how annoyed are you going to be, all for £4.00
Edited by: "coddfather" 19th Oct 2010

I usually just call and explain i had a delivery code and quote the number and they refund the cost.
Dont think i would risk returning it incase it was out of stock

£4 from £90, absolutely pathetic. Do you think it actually only costs them £4 to deliver, they will be losing money bringing it twice because you're so stingy.

I'm with the OP if it's called being stingy then i'm exactly the same,i despise paying postage if i can help it,i had the same problem with Regatta online,my pc threw a wobbly and the free code didn't work,i had a right palava because they said the same thing,refuse delivery,i said it's ridiculous can't you just refund it as i want the goods,in the end the call person spoke to a manager and they sent the goods and credited my card.

And why are people on a deals website if they think four quid delivery is nothing,as the old saying goes,watch the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

deb8z

And why are people on a deals website if they think four quid delivery is … And why are people on a deals website if they think four quid delivery is nothing,as the old saying goes,watch the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

I rarely look at the deals. X) But, yes.......£4 is nothing really. Now blow those cobwebs out your purse.

Think about it Sy though,we are all different,you will Ebay stuff that i wouldn't,i give loads to the charity shop or Freecycle it,i saw dcx say the other day he's sold stuff on Ebay for a quid where as i wouldn't bother.

We all do things differently and are tight/stingy in different ways

deb8z

Think about it Sy though,we are all different,you will Ebay stuff that i … Think about it Sy though,we are all different,you will Ebay stuff that i wouldn't,i give loads to the charity shop or Freecycle it,i saw dcx say the other day he's sold stuff on Ebay for a quid where as i wouldn't bother.We all do things differently and are tight/stingy in different ways

Well my dad sold them not me, as I Don't bother and we didn't do it for the £1 (didn't even ask for it with cash on collection), it was more to reach a wide audience, and sick of freecycle pissing around. Just wanted two big CRT Tvs out the house.

deb8z

Think about it Sy though,we are all different,you will Ebay stuff that i … Think about it Sy though,we are all different,you will Ebay stuff that i wouldn't,i give loads to the charity shop or Freecycle it,i saw dcx say the other day he's sold stuff on Ebay for a quid where as i wouldn't bother.We all do things differently and are tight/stingy in different ways

True.........ok then....i'm not cash tight

Exactly,we're all different,it's your brother who wants me to Ebay more of my stuff because i give so much away i'm terrible.

I wish my purse had cobwebs in it lol

Original Poster

As fas as the potential eco effects go, I did phone them immediately after placing the order to cancel it before it got processed so that they wouldn't send the furniture, but was told that orders can't be cancelled, so I did make an attempt to prevent a double delivery.

I'm pleased to say that I phoned them via Saynoto0870 and therefore, didn't pay for the call as it was a freephone number.

I bought 2 of these anyway.

http://cdn.next.co.uk/Common/Items/Default/Default/ItemImages/Search/722793.jpg

deb8z

Exactly,we're all different,it's your brother who wants me to Ebay more … Exactly,we're all different,it's your brother who wants me to Ebay more of my stuff because i give so much away i'm terrible.I wish my purse had cobwebs in it lol

lol. Tell him to sit and list it.

MinstrelMan1 person likes this

Think green, they;re going to turn up with this item for you to say no … Think green, they;re going to turn up with this item for you to say no you dont want it, then have them redeliver it 2 days later, you've already incurred the cost of a phone call asking them for advice.Hell, give me you're paypal address and I'll refund your £3.99

If you're refunding everyone's Next delivery charges, I paid £3.99 in July. Thanks.

Oooo they look nice OP,i'm looking for new items for my lounge,let me know what the quality is like.

Marina

If you're refunding everyone's Next delivery charges, I paid £3.99 in … If you're refunding everyone's Next delivery charges, I paid £3.99 in July. Thanks.

Only accepting requests through twitter

Original Poster

deb8z

Oooo they look nice OP,i'm looking for new items for my lounge,let me … Oooo they look nice OP,i'm looking for new items for my lounge,let me know what the quality is like.

I actually bought one last week in store, though had to return it as the finish one one side wasn't complete. They never had any more, so that's why I ordered online. I think it's a nice product. They're not heavy and are reasonably priced - says me who won't fork out £3.99 P&P lol

MinstrelMan

Only accepting requests through twitter

No twitter, damn! Thanks anyway.

windhoek

I actually bought one last week in store, though had to return it as the … I actually bought one last week in store, though had to return it as the finish one one side wasn't complete. They never had any more, so that's why I ordered online. I think it's a nice product. They're not heavy and are reasonably priced - says me who won't fork out £3.99 P&P lol

Did you not think to ring up and arrange delivery to the store instead which of course, is free, thus allowing a refund of your delivery cost?

Banned

are people really that tight? its only a few quid, work harder or cancel your internet if you're that poor

Four quid is two happy meals X)

Original Poster

MinstrelMan

Did you not think to ring up and arrange delivery to the store instead … Did you not think to ring up and arrange delivery to the store instead which of course, is free, thus allowing a refund of your delivery cost?

I never thought of that, but that would mean going back to the store for a third time after buying and returning the faulty one I bought last week. Not the best eco option. But I'm getting free delivery now, so all's well that ends well.

Original Poster

DaveLister

are people really that tight? its only a few quid, work harder or cancel … are people really that tight? its only a few quid, work harder or cancel your internet if you're that poor

My wealth is irrelevant. I'm a bargain hunter and I accept that.

windhoek

I never thought of that, but that would mean going back to the store for … I never thought of that, but that would mean going back to the store for a third time after buying and returning the faulty one I bought last week. Not the best eco option. But I'm getting free delivery now, so all's well that ends well.

More eco friendly, as I'm assuming you don't drive a van filled with other peoples deliveries burning much more fuel than your own vehicle.

Original Poster

I agree that accepting delivery of the items was and is the best eco option, which is what I'll do as I'm now getting free delivery. If Next allowed orders to be cancelled before dispatch, then this scenario would not have came about.

how dare you pay for them to conveniently deliver it to your door without you having to do go collect them and pay for petrol etc.
If you are squabbling over £4 are you sure you can afford furniture worth £90 quid.

Banned

whatever happened to personal responsibility? Hopefully, next wont refund the P&P as it has been delivered.

dcx_badass1 person likes this

£4 from £90, absolutely pathetic. Do you think it actually only costs t … £4 from £90, absolutely pathetic. Do you think it actually only costs them £4 to deliver, they will be losing money bringing it twice because you're so stingy.

Yeah but then not every has their mummy and daddy to keep a roof over there head like you, little cherub.

Original Poster

numptyj1 person likes thisDaveLister

how dare you pay for them to conveniently deliver it to your door without … how dare you pay for them to conveniently deliver it to your door without you having to do go collect them and pay for petrol etc. If you are squabbling over £4 are you sure you can afford furniture worth £90 quid.

If you could get £90 furniture delivered free, would you say 'No, I'd rather pay an additional £3.99'?

There are some right grumps in this thread X)

I'm just hoping the furniture is made from sustainable forests. If not then I'm gonna cry me a river.

windhoek

If you could get £90 furniture delivered free, would you say 'No, I'd … If you could get £90 furniture delivered free, would you say 'No, I'd rather pay an additional £3.99'?

I would say yes I'll take free delivery thank you.

Not confirm an order that says DELIVERY COST 3.99 TOTAL £93.99 like a dumbass

Original Poster

Let's suppose you were a dumbass and ordered at £93.99 total, would you prefer to get the £3.99 P&P cost waived?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery46
  2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
  3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
  4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions