Will People Still Be Eating Pickled Onions In The Future?

Posted 1st Dec
Do you think people will still be eating Pickled Onions in future?

It's now the year 2019, if you didn't know.
Imagine the scene, in another two thousand and twenty years, and one month, it will be the year 4040.
Do you think there will be enough pickled onion trees on Earth, the Moon or Mars to keep the population fed?

If you don't think people will still be eating pickled onions, what date and time will the last one be eaten?
The closest time will win a sealed jar of replica pickled onions for your (or your descendants) trophy cabinet.
*Only one guess per account.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
January 1st 2020 13:53 GMT
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 1st Dec
Hopefully taste buds evolve and food improves
I love Gherkins, maybe a bit of Branston Original Pickle (I know it's like pickled onion but it's chunks not tiny onions) on a cracker with cheese but why would you eat pickled onions lol
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Dec
People won't be eating pickled onions, or anything else for that matter in 4040, because humans will be extinct well before then.
Earth will run out of pickled onions by April 3004, synth pickled onions will be available in the star fleet but these wont be a patch on the real thing, monster munch pickled onion flavour ceases production September 2062. Hope this helps
Norseg01/12/2019 12:07

Hopefully taste buds evolve and food improves I love Gherkins, maybe …Hopefully taste buds evolve and food improves I love Gherkins, maybe a bit of Branston Original Pickle (I know it's like pickled onion but it's chunks not tiny onions) on a cracker with cheese but why would you eat pickled onions lol

How can you love Gherkins! lol, Haywards hot n spicy pickled onions on a cheese sarnie is the way to go
malnuman01/12/2019 13:01

How can you love Gherkins! lol, Haywards hot n spicy …How can you love Gherkins! lol, Haywards hot n spicy pickled onions on a cheese sarnie is the way to go

Try a proper Gherkin, not the McDonalds ones, Try a good one, not sure what brand since I just get whatever is s decent price but taste can vary on the same product, you can get chilli pickled Gherkins from Aldi those what made me fell in love with Gherkins

I eat Gherkins without even putting them on a burger just eat them by itself like it's s piece of fruit or veg.. well it is just a cucumber what's been pickled
Norseg01/12/2019 13:06

Try a proper Gherkin, not the McDonalds ones, Try a good one, not sure …Try a proper Gherkin, not the McDonalds ones, Try a good one, not sure what brand since I just get whatever is s decent price but taste can vary on the same product, you can get chilli pickled Gherkins from Aldi those what made me fell in love with Gherkins I eat Gherkins without even putting them on a burger just eat them by itself like it's s piece of fruit or veg.. well it is just a cucumber what's been pickled

I guess the chilli ones would be a good idea to try, will look next time I go Aldi
I'm glad you didn't say Pickled Eggs
Maybe so or maybe not, but pickled onion Monster Munch will still be king.
No they won't largely due to the great pickle wars of 2226 to 2235

It started when the gherkin king insulted the pickled egg emperor who responded with a full on assault of the gherkin nation. The cucumbers and cauliflowers quickly came to the aid of their gherkin allies, but the eggs had the awesome combined might of onions and shallots on their side. After years of brutal fighting the ground was literally soaked with vinegar and the egg/onion/shallot alliance was on the verge of total victory.

This all changed when after years of neutrality, the picked red cabbage republic entered the war on the side of the gherkins/cucumbers/cauliflowers. Within a year the sheer size and strength of the red cabbage forces had turned the war around eventually resulting in the complete eradication of pickled eggs, onions and shallots.

A few isolated onions did survive the destruction but by 4040 they are long since extinct.
Without pickled onions how would I treat my piles?
As long as there's Monster munch the rest can disappear
I’m glad I’ll be dead if that is even a remote possibility. Life without pickled onions? Sod that. I mean, what else is there to live for?
I think we won't be eating them due to rapid evolution we'll be popping food into our backsides & absorbing them..the vinegar will have to be less sharp & tangy / stingy though.

Likely boiled sweets liquorice & lollipops will have to be rethought too.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 3rd Dec
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions