Will Samsung UK honour an EU bought tablet?

Found 24th Apr 2017
I've found a tablet at a great price but the seller confirms this is an EU model with Samsung warranty.

What i want to know is, would this be honoured in the UK or am i better simply getting a UK model?
Community Updates
AskSamsungTablet
8 Comments
ask to see a photo of the warranty: " Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd support a product purchased in Europe if it has an EU Bloc Warranty. This warranty is present where the top of the product warranty card clearly states 'European Bloc'. If the product is purchased in another part of the globe then Samsung may attempt a repair. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd cannot guarantee the outcome."
In my experience Samsung do not honour their warranty's even if bought in the UK.

Edited by: "harams" 24th Apr 2017
harams

In my experience Samsung do not honour their warranty's even if bought in … In my experience Samsung do not honour their warranty's even if bought in the UK.

Totally agree, I have to live with a faulty fridge that they won't repair.
I have a EU, German to be exact. Galaxy S7 which they repaired free if charge for me (The camera had a fault after a few months) They Didn't even ask for a receipt as they stated the phone hasn't been out for over 24 months yet. Which all the galaxy s7 models have a 2 year warranty.

UPS came to collect the next day and within 5 days it was back with me.

So yes, they did cover EU products under warranty in the UK.
We are in the EU, shouldn't be a problem.
We ain't Brexited yet! They have to, even if they don't like it. - Go to your local trading standards otherwise.
markvirgo

Totally agree, I have to live with a faulty fridge that they won't repair.

If you have a problem with something you purchased your claim should be made to the retailer and not the manufacturer. It is who you purchased it from me not who made the item. Samsung are quite within their rights to tell you to get lost if you buy a fridge from Curry's and then ring Samsung to arrange a repair certainly within the first 12 months. Have a read of the 2015 consumer rights act. It provides interesting information if something goes wrong.
Edited by: "Smartguy1" 25th Apr 2017
Smartguy1

If you have a problem with something you purchased your claim should be … If you have a problem with something you purchased your claim should be made to the retailer and not the manufacturer. It is who you purchased it from me not who made the item. Samsung are quite within their rights to tell you to get lost if you buy a fridge from Curry's and then ring Samsung to arrange a repair certainly within the first 12 months. Have a read of the 2015 consumer rights act. It provides interesting information if something goes wrong.

Not correct in my case, I filled in the Samsung warranty card to activate the warrenty directly with Samsung and they did come out to fix the recall issue with the defrost heater that plagues the model I have.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants