Groups

Will Sky Q Silver & Sky Q Mini work with only 2Mbps Sky Broadband?

(Not Sky Q Hub Broadband, ordinary black Sky Broadband Unlimited)

4 Comments

I just did a quick Google search because I don't have any of these. but from what I have read it sends your satellite signal from your main box to your Q over the local network. this means it doesn't go over the Internet. unless you download on demand movies and stuff.

off topic but do you get a good 4G mobile signal in your home ? I'm saying this because 2mbit is pretty bad and a MIFI connection might be a better option at around £20 for 15GB of data.

Original Poster

kester76

off topic but do you get a good 4G mobile signal in your home ? I'm … off topic but do you get a good 4G mobile signal in your home ? I'm saying this because 2mbit is pretty bad and a MIFI connection might be a better option at around £20 for 15GB of data.

I haven't looked into that, but I use wayyyyy over 15Gb a month

Original Poster

brendanhickey

I just did a quick Google search because I don't have any of these. but … I just did a quick Google search because I don't have any of these. but from what I have read it sends your satellite signal from your main box to your Q over the local network. this means it doesn't go over the Internet. unless you download on demand movies and stuff.

Thank you for this
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription23
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328

See more discussions