Expired

Will sky replace my old sky+ for a free hd box even if I don't want to have subscription to hd.

7 Comments
ask them?
Buy a used Sky HD box, they sell for a few quid.
sky does not replace boxes for free as they do not own the box, you do. unlike virgin.

you will have to pay for a new box. i doubt you will be able to get a free one.
mutley1

sky does not replace boxes for free as they do not own the box, you do. … sky does not replace boxes for free as they do not own the box, you do. unlike virgin.you will have to pay for a new box. i doubt you will be able to get a free one.

To add to this, they often will provide a new box if you agree to a subscription for another 12months on your existing package. Try asking for it as a freebee by saying you are leaving. Then when through to retentions explain that you've been offered a HD compatible box by virgin (if they are in your area) and are very tempted but that sky have been good to you and you'd prefer to keep their 'excellent' service.

However if all that fails you can always pick up a Sky Box through your local Gumtree or on ebay, they regularly go for anything from £10 - £50 depending on the specific model. However, if you do buy second hand research the models you are looking at as some are better than others.
Astec123

To add to this, they often will provide a new box if you agree to a … To add to this, they often will provide a new box if you agree to a subscription for another 12months on your existing package. Try asking for it as a freebee by saying you are leaving. Then when through to retentions explain that you've been offered a HD compatible box by virgin (if they are in your area) and are very tempted but that sky have been good to you and you'd prefer to keep their 'excellent' service.However if all that fails you can always pick up a Sky Box through your local Gumtree or on ebay, they regularly go for anything from £10 - £50 depending on the specific model. However, if you do buy second hand research the models you are looking at as some are better than others.

sky is unlikely to offer retention when you call to say that you are leaving. you have to actually leave and they may call you a few months later with offers. i already tried this and did not work and so have other members of hukd.
Thanks for your replies even the first one. Save me time and money trying to get through to sky. One last question - If I buy second hand hd box will my current sky plus viewing card work in it. Don't have sport or movies but do have kids package on it.
kturr

Thanks for your replies even the first one. Save me time and money trying … Thanks for your replies even the first one. Save me time and money trying to get through to sky. One last question - If I buy second hand hd box will my current sky plus viewing card work in it. Don't have sport or movies but do have kids package on it.

Yes they will work, you will normally need to give sky a call to pair the viewing card to it, however, when I have gotten second hand boxes my old viewing card worked without any need to pair it but the second box did.... Go figure.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants