will Sony reduce the price of the ps3, now xbox have released the 360s

im interested in updating my ps3 40gb to a 250gb and wondering if sony will lower the price to compete with the 250gb xbox 360s which is apprx £100 cheaper?

12 Comments

i doubt it cos the ps3 has a blu ray drive.

MarzBarz

i doubt it cos the ps3 has a blu ray drive.

+ 1

I don't think they will either

Why not just upgrade the hard-drive in your existing PS3?

im interested in updating my ps3 40gb to a 250gb and wondering if sony … im interested in updating my ps3 40gb to a 250gb and wondering if sony will lower the price to compete with the 250gb xbox 360s which is apprx £100 cheaper?

The PS3 offers more for the money, so I can't see them troubled by the 360 slim.
The only real useable upgrade on the 360 is the inbuilt wireless capabilities that Sony provided 4 years ago.

Also, the 360 has always been much cheaper. I think the difference in price is smaller now than it was a year ago.

thesaint

The PS3 offers more for the money, so I can't see them troubled by the … The PS3 offers more for the money, so I can't see them troubled by the 360 slim.The only real useable upgrade on the 360 is the inbuilt wireless capabilities that Sony provided 4 years ago.Also, the 360 has always been much cheaper. I think the difference in price is smaller now than it was a year ago.

Not really though - 360 cost £ 120 - blu ray player is £100

dandoc2

Not really though - 360 cost £ 120 - blu ray player is £100

I think the OP is talking about the new 250GB 360 which is not £120

Banned

[/quote]I think the OP is talking about the new 250GB 360 which is not £120[/quote]

i think dandoc was trying to get someone to bite which you did!

No, as much as i love my xbox, my ps3 has more features, its old technology, just look at the difference between a dvd player and a blu-ray player. Theres your answer! Also the new xbox has a 2 year warranty, if you were to get xbox live foooooor these 2 years, thats £80, so basically your paying £20 for a blu-ray player (I have to admit that Xbox Live is far better than Playstation Network, but theres nothing stopping sony from improving their service, after-all it is FREE!)

More likely the current PS3s will drop in price when a new PS3 model comes out.

no, because there is not much margin on them

Probably see better bundles come out for xmas - mabe something like Gran Turismo 5 and 250gb console for £250??? (fingers crossed lol)

I can see them reducing the price soon but not by a huge margin. I can see Xbox s selling pretty well though with all the 360 fans trading in...I'll be M$ are laughing all the way to the bank, most of the people I know who have Xboxes have bought the console 2 or more times, if they trade in it'll be 3 or more!!! Mad.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2446
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213604
    3. Sad news about Barcelona66
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764039

See more discussions