Groups

will the Vodafone Sony Ericsson W200i unlock?

does anyone know if it's possible to unlock the W200i and if so can you point me in the right direction to get it done as cheaply (ie free) as possible. Thankie!

8 Comments

rvtyson

does anyone know if it's possible to unlock the W200i and if so can you … does anyone know if it's possible to unlock the W200i and if so can you point me in the right direction to get it done as cheaply (ie free) as possible. Thankie!

took my sons to a legit shop yesterday and the bloke tried to unlock it but said something about a certain "chip" in it that he didnt have the software to get round. He said he would go on some forums and ring me if he could get it done. would have cost me £10.

It can be unlocked either remotely or by cable.

Sorry I cant recommend where but, you shouldnt have any problem with a reputable phone unlocker.

What network are you on?

Original Poster

vodafone

rvtyson

vodafone

Sorry, just seen it in the title, but not in the original post.:oops:

Have you asked Vodafone how much they charge?
    This will give you a starting point.

rvtyson

does anyone know if it's possible to unlock the W200i and if so can you … does anyone know if it's possible to unlock the W200i and if so can you point me in the right direction to get it done as cheaply (ie free) as possible. Thankie!

No free unlock, it will cost from £10 to £20 depending on the shop and the security level of the phone.

CID 50/51 £10 range

CID 52 £20 range

Also depends on whether you have patch unlock or permanent unlock. With patch unlock, it will relock the phone if you ever upgrade the firmware, patch is cheaper.

]http//ww…zip

Program to tell you which security level you have.

Original Poster

okay. Thanks for your help everyone.

Banned

send me the imei by pm and if i can ill get the code for you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media Broadband Retention Deals46
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710947
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826354
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1520

See more discussions