Will there ever be another comedy series as rudely funny as the Inbetweeners?

Posted 23rd Nov
It may be completely rude , crude and disgusting and catering to the lowest common denominator but it was incredibly funny because it was so close to reality of life in school but will we ever see the like again or is the PC brigade going to put the kybosh in on tv entertainment as we have seen earlier this year?

Just watched a new comedy series SLICED and its not too bad.
Anyone else found anything worth a giggle?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You should try ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ it’s an American show but it has the exact humour you mentioned above it’s on Netflix
28 Comments
Kevin and Perry go large.

Jay and silent bob strike back

Harry Enfield and chums

The Catherine tate show
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 23rd Nov
You should try ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ it’s an American show but it has the exact humour you mentioned above it’s on Netflix
"Inbetweeners" was as relatable to the current generation as "The Young Ones" was to the previous generation.

Yes, of course there will be something similar again; especially with all the variety of streaming options for content around the globe.
hubby has been watching shameless, which is so crass. sex scenes, constant swearing in general conversation.
not for me and i don't find it funny at all but hubby loves it and thinks it is hilarious.
The inbetweeners is a classic!
MadeDixonsCry23/11/2019 18:29

Kevin and Perry go large.Jay and silent bob strike backHarry Enfield and …Kevin and Perry go large.Jay and silent bob strike backHarry Enfield and chumsThe Catherine tate show

Catherine Tate tries to hard to be funny.
flowersofwar23/11/2019 19:06

Catherine Tate tries to hard to be funny.

Beg pardon?!
How very, very dare you!
Peep Show, especially the first few series.
Bottom
Gimme Gimme Gimme
jco8323/11/2019 19:58

Beg pardon?! How very, very dare you!

Bovvered?
I thoroughly recommend both series of "Green Wing" which are free to watch on 4OD.

If you like Bottom and Peep Show, you'll love this school boy humour set in a hospital!
Edited by: "jazid" 24th Nov
mutley123/11/2019 18:49

hubby has been watching shameless, which is so crass. sex scenes, …hubby has been watching shameless, which is so crass. sex scenes, constant swearing in general conversation. not for me and i don't find it funny at all but hubby loves it and thinks it is hilarious.

Nah its terrible i do agree with you on that one too near the bone!

My girlfriend is Slovak and she refuses to watch any of our comedy tv and its the same with everyone in her country they find our humour lower class , disgusting and why the UK is finished so she says but she does like Goerge and Mildred and Man About The House she loves em - says a lot actually maybe we should be ashamed?
Ok we have and I agree!

Bottom
Peep Show
Harry Enfield
Thin Blue Line was pretty good
Young Ones of course

But i was referring to something new like the new SLICED anyone seen it yet?
New one called FLATMATES but not seen it yet.
Sheridan Smith was in one that was pretty good canny remember the name though!
Anyone seen her recently - shame she has gone down the Lesley Ash plastic surgery route - nasty career over moment!!!!

But no one has mentioned Blackadder - How dare you not!
Titter ye a lot!
Edited by: "omendata" 23rd Nov
omendata23/11/2019 21:12

Ok we have and I agree!BottomPeep ShowHarry EnfieldThin Blue Line was …Ok we have and I agree!BottomPeep ShowHarry EnfieldThin Blue Line was pretty goodYoung Ones of courseBut i was referring to something new like the new SLICED anyone seen it yet?New one called FLATMATES but not seen it yet. Sheridan Smith was in one that was pretty good canny remember the name though!Anyone seen her recently - shame she has gone down the Lesley Ash plastic surgery route - nasty career over moment!!!!But no one has mentioned Blackadder - How dare you not!Titter ye a lot!

If you are offended by PC things (as lots of people apparently are for some reason) then Flatmates is not for you. It's tame and about as woke as they come.

Drifters and Man Down are the closest recent shows to the style you mention in the OP.
Edited by: "Ferris" 23rd Nov
Ferris23/11/2019 21:20

If you are offended by PC things (as lots of people apparently are for …If you are offended by PC things (as lots of people apparently are for some reason) then Flatmates is not for you. It's tame and about as woke as they come.Drifters and Man Down are the closest recent shows to the style you mention in the OP.

Nah dont be fooled dude its only the minority who are PC and force the rest of the sheep to fall into line.
Most people I know hmmm in fact 100% are totally anti pc brigade!

Me not pc i am the exact opposite!
Probably why i have not many friends on here lol
My girlfriend is not pc either but in Eastern europe women exposing themselves in public , foul language is what the gypsy population do and its therefore seen as lower class and definitely a mark of character as are tattoos - same as Japan really if you have loads of tattoos in Russia, Poland , Slovakia you are perceived likely as a criminal its just the way it is out there!
You should see Slovak tv and wht they think is funny its all intellectual comedy stuff sith Tolstoy references and then they have stupid stuff like Farma and Televisia Markisa tame tv its like going back to the 60's but to be honest its a nice change from all the violence and behaviour in the uk!

Yeah Man Down was pretty good great to see the Genius Rick Mayall in it too!
Not seen Drifters though?
omendata23/11/2019 21:28

Nah dont be fooled dude its only the minority who are PC and force the …Nah dont be fooled dude its only the minority who are PC and force the rest of the sheep to fall into line.Most people I know hmmm in fact 100% are totally anti pc brigade!Me not pc i am the exact opposite!Probably why i have not many friends on here lolYeah Man Down was pretty good great to see the Genius Rick Mayall in it too!Not seen Drifters though?

I'd say Drifters is the closest thing I've seen to a female version of Inbetweeners. Rude and crass but also very funny. And it has the genius that is Bob Mortimer in it.
Edited by: "Ferris" 23rd Nov
Ferris23/11/2019 21:30

I'd say Drifters is the closest thing I've seen to a female version of …I'd say Drifters is the closest thing I've seen to a female version of Inbetweeners. Rude and crass but also very funny. And it has the genius that is Bob Mortimer in it.

There is that Irish one with the schoolgirls i think that was an attempt to copy the inbetweeners and its funny but me being Scottish i appreciate Irish humour as they are our brothers and sisters against you English lol
English have a bit of a problem with Scots and Irish humour - Frankie Boyle is just a bit too much for you and he is tame by comparison to some i have seen.

Most offensive i have ever seen but funny was Andrew Dice Clay in Las Vegas Man he is 100% not politiciallly correct and would probably be jailed in this country if he even uttered one line of his jokes - the one about the woman in the cinema and buttering her popcorn oh man that was so funny but so utterly disgusting its hard to actually listen!

If you think the inbetweeners was disgusting - personally i found the wannaking in the old folks home pretty bad then dice clay is 10 times worse and his gags were not visual either!
I love This Country. As the vicar would say, Kerry & Kurtan do eff & jeff a bit.......
You assume I'm English...

I do enjoy Frankie Boyle though.

Derry Girls was good fun but not really an attempt to copy as its not the same genre of rude and crude as Inbetweeners and Drifters. Another one you might enjoy is The Young Offenders on iplayer.
Rund funk if you can get get hold off the English subbed episodes. It's like Inbetweeners on crack in terms of not being PC.

Bad education and Derry girls are good teen centred comedies.
Which here has watched four lions?
The IT crowd?
Plebs or Friday night dinner
Fresh meat
Bad Education
Watch blue mountain state. TV show is a mix of American pie and inbetweeners. Use to be on Netflix but not anymore
omendata23/11/2019 21:12

Sheridan Smith was in one that was pretty good canny remember the name …Sheridan Smith was in one that was pretty good canny remember the name though!

Two Pints of lager and packet of crisps?
youtube.com/wat…Eao

And thats a tame one!

The SJW politically correct sjw's blm bleaters and antifa nutbags hate him
I love im!

If you are in any way a feminist then do not watch this!

You think Frankie Boyle is extreme and offensive = then watch this¬
Tongues up the bum no less!
And this was 30 years ago lol
youtube.com/wat…mtg

Personally i think JAY is his lovechild lol
Hard to say which inbetweener is the best but i knew guys like each one and our mate Grant was the Jay!
Found out years later he has never even tried a-nal lol
Edited by: "omendata" 24th Nov
omendata23/11/2019 21:51

There is that Irish one with the schoolgirls i think that was an attempt …There is that Irish one with the schoolgirls i think that was an attempt to copy the inbetweeners and its funny but me being Scottish i appreciate Irish humour as they are our brothers and sisters against you English lolEnglish have a bit of a problem with Scots and Irish humour - Frankie Boyle is just a bit too much for you and he is tame by comparison to some i have seen.Most offensive i have ever seen but funny was Andrew Dice Clay in Las Vegas Man he is 100% not politiciallly correct and would probably be jailed in this country if he even uttered one line of his jokes - the one about the woman in the cinema and buttering her popcorn oh man that was so funny but so utterly disgusting its hard to actually listen! If you think the inbetweeners was disgusting - personally i found the wannaking in the old folks home pretty bad then dice clay is 10 times worse and his gags were not visual either!

The problem with Frankie Boyle is he tries too hard and he’s not actually funny. Nothing to do with him being too crass.
Jim Jefferies - Legit

Don't watch anything of his from about 2015 onwards. He moved to America and since then his style of comedy is for the dumber than dumb, very anti government etc, very droll, very tedious.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions