Will this alternator fit my car?? Please help

Found 13th Jul 2012
Hi everyone my alternator on my crv was gubbed so in looking for a second hand replacement I checked the Honda original parts website to make sure I got the correct alternator. My car is a 2005 diesel and after putting in my registration details it advised me that I needed the following alternator

lingshondaparts.com/hon…874

So I registered with a company called find a part and I had many of phone calls offering me the alternator. I went with the cheapest option and the guy at jap parts Birmingham was very convincing. I have the message saved on my answer machine telling me it's in excellent condition and has come off the exact same car with less than 40k on the clock. Here is what they sent me by courier

lingshondaparts.com/hon…006

I needed a CSC91 Denso alternator off a 2005 CRV and they have sent me a CSD86 Denso Alternator off a 2009 CRV.

So big question will this fit in my car?

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
7 Comments

Original Poster

Because they have sent me a 2009 I'm just wondering if it's backwards compatible with older models before I phone and look stupid!!

Yes it is fine. A 2.2 CDTI CRV? 120A, CSD86 & 89 are the same as CSC91. Useful site is Lucas Electrical in search box type in LRA02971. 3D view is pretty handy for comparing what you have. HTH.

Original Poster

Thanks Melu did you look at the two links I posted? Just needed to know for def because I don't want to pay a garage to fit it and after working on the car for an hour they realise it's the wrong one and I get charged labour costs for nothing. Is ut def ok mate?

christopherguy25

Thanks Melu did you look at the two links I posted? Just needed to know … Thanks Melu did you look at the two links I posted? Just needed to know for def because I don't want to pay a garage to fit it and after working on the car for an hour they realise it's the wrong one and I get charged labour costs for nothing. Is ut def ok mate?

Yes I have checked the links and the one you have will be fine. Also checked Delco Remy and they too list only one for both year models. Can check ADL/Blueprint tomorrow if required if you provide me with the reg.

I bought a part for my Honda from some guy in Birmingham who claimed it was working - it wasn't - only found out after spending cash getting it fitted etc. Really wasn't worth the grief .

melu sounds like he knows what hes talking about - good luck.

moob

I bought a part for my Honda from some guy in Birmingham who claimed it … I bought a part for my Honda from some guy in Birmingham who claimed it was working - it wasn't - only found out after spending cash getting it fitted etc. Really wasn't worth the grief ....

There is always an added risk in buying second hand parts. I am simply saying the part (number) provided by the company you went with will is the right one for your model. Whether it works as stated is another matter or more importantly for how long...

As long as it fits and the current rating is the same or higher I don't see a problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants