Groups

Will this lamp take 12v bulbs?

I have just bought this lamp and it says you can use 10w g4 bulbs or up to 2w led bulbs. On the instructions it doesn't say if you can use 12v bulbs. Wanting to use the led ones, would this have a built in transformer to accomadate?
    homebase.co.uk/en/…576

Thanks.

8 Comments

G4 bulbs are 12volt..... G9 are 240volt.. You need G4 12v LED bulbs I guess

Cant say Ive heard of that before, a floor lamp taking 12v bulbs, there would have to be a transformer inside.
    If you look at the previous reviews it states that the bulbs are included.

rhinopaul

Cant say Ive heard of that before, a floor lamp taking 12v bulbs, there … Cant say Ive heard of that before, a floor lamp taking 12v bulbs, there would have to be a transformer inside.If you look at the previous reviews it states that the bulbs are included.

Not unusual, quite the opposite in fact, plenty 12v floor lamps out there, the transformer in the base makes the lamp very stable due to the extra weight.

Edited by: "andynicol" 10th Mar

kramvic

I have just bought this lamp and it says you can use 10w g4 bulbs … I have just bought this lamp and it says you can use 10w g4 bulbs or up to 2w led bulbs. On the instructions it doesn't say if you can use 12v bulbs. Wanting to use the led ones, would this have a built in transformer to accomadate?http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/hyatt-floor-lamp---brushed-chrome---172cm-511576Thanks.

G4 are indeed 12v, the transformer will be in the base.

andynicol

Not unusual, quite the opposite in fact, plenty 12v floor lamps out … Not unusual, quite the opposite in fact, plenty 12v floor lamps out there, the transformer in the base makes the lamp very stable due to the extra weight.

Ok, Thanks for sharing the info. Ive obviously never bought one before.

Original Poster

wayners

G4 bulbs are 12volt..... G9 are 240volt.. You need G4 12v LED bulbs I … G4 bulbs are 12volt..... G9 are 240volt.. You need G4 12v LED bulbs I guess

Cheers Wayners, sorted.

Original Poster

rhinopaul

Cant say Ive heard of that before, a floor lamp taking 12v bulbs, there … Cant say Ive heard of that before, a floor lamp taking 12v bulbs, there would have to be a transformer inside.If you look at the previous reviews it states that the bulbs are included.

Definitely no bulbs inside. Thanks anyway.

Original Poster

andynicol

G4 are indeed 12v, the transformer will be in the base.

andynicol

Not unusual, quite the opposite in fact, plenty 12v floor lamps out … Not unusual, quite the opposite in fact, plenty 12v floor lamps out there, the transformer in the base makes the lamp very stable due to the extra weight.

Cheers Andy, and yes the base is very sturdy as you say.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1315
      2. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused77
      3. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?47
      4. Confused over mobile phones from China?11

See more discussions