Groups

Will this work with a Toothbrush Plug socketconverter

Hia there, I'm looking at this but I am wondering if it works with one of those toothbrush socket converter things you can get?#

dealextreme.com/det…858

Tim

27 Comments

Banned

No it will blow it up, i mean the fuse or trip the switch for the circuit that the shaver socket is on. Will work with an adapter for europe though plugged into a normal socket.

Banned

no it wont

Original Poster

do dx sell an adapter?

http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_3858_2.jpgIT WILL WORK THE VOLTAGE IS 100 TO 240 ITS FINE JUST LOOK AT THE INPUT:thumbsup:

timothyw9;2204389

do dx sell an adapter?

USE A SHAVER ADDAPTOR

Original Poster

May somebody please confirm?

Banned

timothyw9;2204403

Don't do it! just plug into a travel adapter on a normal socket ;-)

Raptor also read the safety label on it...DRY location use ONLY! ... Risk of electric shock!

timothyw9;2204403

I AM CONFERMING

Original Poster

Who the hell is right her, I'm with raptorcigs but to be on the safe side I need to know EXACTLY who's right

Original Poster

i am talking about using a UK Wall plug to Shaver adaptor. I would guess it would be a good idea to replace the fuse with a 3Amp one or will I then end up blowing my toothbrush up or something If I try that?

SHOVE IT IN ONE OF THESE YOU WILL BE FINEhttp://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_3/DT87.JPG

actually it is ok, i
    t states its euro type (slightly wider than the american type) and its ok up to 230v (uk is fine with that,
    as stated it's risky plugging it in a wet location (bathroom) so assume its not water tight (inclu steam)
    but if u are referring to a 2>3pin adapter (sold in tescos as shaver adapter) then yes u will be ok with it

lumoruk;2204418

Don't do it! just plug into a travel adapter on a normal socket ;-)Raptor … Don't do it! just plug into a travel adapter on a normal socket ;-)Raptor also read the safety label on it...DRY location use ONLY! ... Risk of electric shock!

I DONT THINK HE IS ON ABOUT USEING IT IN THE BATHROOM

Good Saftey Note With Electrics Though Read The Label And If In Doubt Ask A Qualified Person

And always ask an adult to help you when needing to use scissors

It will not blow up. Just will not work. They only have a 3A rating.

Original Poster

raptorcigs;2204461

SHOVE IT IN ONE OF THESE YOU WILL BE FINE

Mate, thats what I'm going on about.

To all people that think I'm using it in a bathroom. I am not using it in a bathroom! lol.

It is attached the base. The Toothbrush is normally. in the bathroom.

Original Poster

Why won't it work? I would probably change the 1amp fuse to 3amp as I'm guessing the charger is 3Amps.

this is how i know it works

it powers my 100v to 240v skype/landline phone its pulled out as far as i dare to show the pins

Original Poster

lol.

Would this work as a data cable?

It looks awfully similarto the plug which a v980 uses dealextreme.com/det…329

hows that?

timothyw9;2204586

lol.Would this work as a data cable?It looks awfully similarto the plug … lol.Would this work as a data cable?It looks awfully similarto the plug which a v980 uses http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8329

yes

Original Poster

Seriously?

timothyw9;2204621

Seriously?

it says data and power cable

night night

Original Poster

Ah.. go on I'lll buy it and see. Night Mr.Raptorguy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851338
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions