CPU: i5 8259U 2.3 GHz
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 775M, 2 GB , AMD Radeon 555, 2 GB, Intel Iris Plus 655
HDD:5 GB available space

My System
CPU: i5 2.7GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics: Intel Iris 6100 1536MB

Apart from updating the OS, is my graphics card powerful enough to run this game?
I've looked online for an answer, but still unsure. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Run, Yes

Playable, No
Are you sure those are the right system requirements? I doubt anyone would develop a game that requires a CPU less than six months old, there wouldn't be many customers.
I'm running this on a G3258 stock 8GB ram and a GTX 460 SE at 720p fine. Pretty sure it could go for 1080p but doesn't really need it.
The mac OS version would have to be running really crap to not hit that speed.

Whoa just checked and the Intel 6100 is not as good as I thought
Edited by: "kester76" 31st Aug 2018
EndlessWaves31/08/2018 16:46

Are you sure those are the right system requirements? I doubt anyone would …Are you sure those are the right system requirements? I doubt anyone would develop a game that requires a CPU less than six months old, there wouldn't be many customers.

According to Steam they are the minimum requirements.
@charleaward81 Could you please explain your reply?
Beebee183 h, 21 m ago

According to Steam they are the minimum requirements.@charleaward81 Could …According to Steam they are the minimum requirements.@charleaward81 Could you please explain your reply?

Check out benchmarks for each particular GPU. Obviously CPU plays part and as they are built in has some play in numbers but not a great deal.

Your CPU/GPU combo is 3 years old and if you look at 3d marks database against the latest iris 655 it's over 60% slower in their synthetic tests. As it's the minimum requirement of that game, yours is well over half the performance needed to barely run that game.

Same goes for real world games, for example For Honor runs around 40FPS low 720p using iris 655 which is around 70% FPS increase over iris 6100 at 25FPS. Overwatch is around 70fps on new iris GPU with same 720p settings yet hits less than 35fps on iris 6100.

If you can't hit anywhere near the minimum requirements then even on the absolute lowest settings your game will be impossible to play
Also CPU wise I think its stated as minimum as it belongs to latest generation of intel CPUs with their newer iris onboard GPUs. Obviously older ones such as 4/5 year old desktop i3s and upwards would be fine. Looks to be stated purely from an iris GPU point of view
Thank you charleaward81 for the info. I used to love playing Theme Hospital, and I've been looking forward to this being released, just a shame it won't play on my machine.
There are other options, things like liquid sky and nvidias geforce now. Pretty sure latter works on Mac's. They are basically streaming software, as long as you own game on Steam you can run them on any 64bit device with a decent internet connectionb(wired). Game list is increasing weekly so it may end up on there
charleaward813 h, 0 m ago

There are other options, things like liquid sky and nvidias geforce now. …There are other options, things like liquid sky and nvidias geforce now. Pretty sure latter works on Mac's. They are basically streaming software, as long as you own game on Steam you can run them on any 64bit device with a decent internet connectionb(wired). Game list is increasing weekly so it may end up on there

Thanks for this charleaward81, I didn't know about cloud gaming, there's hope for me yet to be able to play Two Point Hospital. I've signed up for GeForce Now and am on the waiting list.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants