will upgrading my internet speed improve my kodi streaming ?

Found 19th Jan 2016
So most things work fine but the main issue at times Is for example watching live football , it can go slow or stop at times . Now is this the person who is providing the streams to me lacking in unpload speed , or is it mine ? And will an upgrade fix this issue for a smoother viewin . I have standard by broadband at the moment with around 10 -14 mb speed
Community Updates
13 Comments
I think for watching the football you need a fast connection as so many people stream it. Are you connected through wireless or Ethernet ? I did find that Ethernet was a little better over wireless as you lose a bit of speed. My missus is on a 10 meg and normal tv and movies don't lag.
who is your ISP

EliTom
It's Ethernet connection . I didn't know if it was the host who had a poor connect or if actually if I upgrade my connection will it really make a difference
As kodi becomes more popular hosts servers will struggle with the demand. 10mbs is easily enough. You have to remember that the other end isn't netflix, the bbc or some other huge company with massive budgets for servers.
I have the same speed and my box is also connected by ethernet via powerline. I get no buffering or freezing with Kodi even when streaming 1080p films.
Which kodi channel are you using to watch footy?
and another thing to remember is - as more and more people jump on the Kodi / TVAddons bandwagon the more the media supply industry will clamp down.

Good reliable HQ streams are getting harder and harder to find and some ISPs (VM and BT) are getting very aggressive with blocking streams and repos to load the Kodi addons.

Unless you are really skilled in finding new solutions almost on a weekly basis youw ill get frustrated with the solution !!!

also the more people try and use Kodi addons for so called free streaming the more the ISPs will clamp down because more of their network capacity is taken up by non revenue generating traffic - when this was single digit percentages there woudl not be the financial insentive to block them - when this percentage increases to an unacceptable level for the networks and they see the losses they will start to block them.

Also when th likes of Netflix / Sky see revenue falling they will put financial pressure on the ISPs to do something to stop the rot!!!!

So the more who jump on the bandwagon the worse it will become

EliTom
I'm just learning at the moment , any suggestions to locate best streams !? I have sports devil ATM
harmonysalesuk

I'm just learning at the moment , any suggestions to locate best streams … I'm just learning at the moment , any suggestions to locate best streams !? I have sports devil ATM

Phoenix (Staeel), NJM Soccer

Sportsdevil is crap nowadays
Edited by: "chocci" 19th Jan 2016
chocci

Phoenix (Staeel), NJM SoccerSportsdevil is crap nowadays

Thank you
harmonysalesuk

I'm just learning at the moment , any suggestions to locate best streams … I'm just learning at the moment , any suggestions to locate best streams !? I have sports devil ATM

​there's a new sports one out called castaway made by nakto its far better than sports devil and allows you to add acestream links
If you're streaming from a free add-on, it will more than likely stop/not work at all/buffer/freeze no matter what speed your internet connection is, fast or slow.
just installed njm, castaway not working for me.
I got as far as selecting Isengard and then get add on don't appear under system / settings
powerjumps18

just installed njm, castaway not working for me. I got as far as … just installed njm, castaway not working for me. I got as far as selecting Isengard and then get add on don't appear under system / settings

blocked by your ISP?

VM block many repos now

EliTom
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants