Groups

Will you Nintendo Switch ???

I managed to get a 2 hour hands on go with the switch yesterday
    Firstly i want to say im a universal gamer i own a ps4 and an xbox one as well as a 2DS so i aim to be unbiased as possible,
    But I love Nintendo they always have a special place in my heart.
    If you live your gaming life striving for gflops hertz refresh rate etc stick to a PC where it FAR outmatches consoles
    But any worries that you have about the switch being underpowered will soon disappear when you have one in your hands.
    It feels extremely well built, Zelda looked amazing on the Panasonic TVs they had set up (docked) i even managed to try out the pro controller now my opinion its wider than other controllers and for me its the best control pad i have ever held (even beat my xbox one elite controller)
    I switched from dock to handheld and although i wasn't expecting the switch screen to beat the TVs screen i couldn't tell that it was 720p (it looked far more colourful and vibrant than 720p on other things i seen) .
    Forr me i haven't been able to buy and keep a Nintendo console since the N64, I've always purchased a major Nintendo console on release but found myself getting bored with it over time and selling them. I feel the switch will stop that, it TRULY is both a handheld and a console at the same time.

A few minus points though:
    with the charging port being on the bottom and i feel that in 2017 they could have utilised the screen space by going to the edges a bit more ( large black border around the screen)
    The prices of games and accessories are just silly but my thought behind that is that they are trying to recover some loss from the wii U console but you dont have to go nuts and buy the whole catalogue just wait for some price drops.....and dont get me started on them calling 1-2 switch a retail game......its a tech demo at best that should have been bundled for free.

Switch wont be for everyone but i think more will be impressed than under impressed.

Whats peoples thoughts concerns or questions???

13 Comments

I think concerns about the power of the console are too do with 3rd party developers bothering to port any of their games , which are pretty well confirmed when a company that is supporting the switch (squareenix) tells the public that it won't port ff15 as the console isn't powerful enough.
    I am sure Nintendo will nail its 1st party stuff , but there isn't enough of that to justify the price point for me.

Do like the look of it.
    Only thing is the whole 3rd party situation because I've seen quite a few articles saying this and that won't be coming out for it and not really much about what will.

I mean for example EA saying FIFA will be coming out on it but to be fair what don't they release FIFA on?
    Yet they're not bringing Mass Effect out on it which is one of the biggest games this year.

So is it just gonna be another Wii U situation where a few 3rd party games come out in the beginning and then sort of fizzle out, which would be a shame.

Original Poster

PDCottrell

Do like the look of it.Only thing is the whole 3rd party situation … Do like the look of it.Only thing is the whole 3rd party situation because I've seen quite a few articles saying this and that won't be coming out for it and not really much about what will.I mean for example EA saying FIFA will be coming out on it but to be fair what don't they release FIFA on?Yet they're not bringing Mass Effect out on it which is one of the biggest games this year.So is it just gonna be another Wii U situation where a few 3rd party games come out in the beginning and then sort of fizzle out, which would be a shame.

I have always felt that Nintendo is the fun console
    If i want a light hearted game i fire it up....would never play something like overwatch on it so i would never be bother about 3rd party games,
    Having said that i do think they need some new ideas with the game for example i was sat at the MK8 booth and had the man telling me "welcome to MK8 it includes all dlc from the wii U + few extra characters" blah blah and was thinking to myself "oh great" lol played it its just mario kart like all the others they rely to heavily on mario zelda and a MK variant
    Wheres the new game ideas at??
    I dont think Nintendo will ever make a powerful console its like they know their target audience casual gamers to family's who dont want mind blowing screens etc
    Zelda is the biggest zelda ever and they managed to get it running on a small cart for portability

But yeah....price is sore with me as i think like loads of other people

Sorry, its a no from me, and to be honest for any console to do well, it needs more support than from the die hard fans. Without joe average getting on board, I feel the console will struggle- unlike the first Wii (and that wasn't exactly a great machine - it just had utilised a really good idea).

Ive already started a topic on this 22 hours ago?

willyzippy89

I have always felt that Nintendo is the fun console If i want a light … I have always felt that Nintendo is the fun console If i want a light hearted game i fire it up....would never play something like overwatch on it so i would never be bother about 3rd party games, Having said that i do think they need some new ideas with the game for example i was sat at the MK8 booth and had the man telling me "welcome to MK8 it includes all dlc from the wii U + few extra characters" blah blah and was thinking to myself "oh great" lol played it its just mario kart like all the others they rely to heavily on mario zelda and a MK variant Wheres the new game ideas at?? I dont think Nintendo will ever make a powerful console its like they know their target audience casual gamers to family's who dont want mind blowing screens etc Zelda is the biggest zelda ever and they managed to get it running on a small cart for portability But yeah....price is sore with me as i think like loads of other people

It's a shame it can't be both, yeah have the fun games but also have the 3rd party support that the other 2 have instead of going on about it at the beginning then not actually coming to anything.
    I've owned every Nintendo console at one point and really enjoy their games (Zelda looks stunning) but they do need some new ideas.

I was disappointed when they announced the price especially as before it was one place had the pre order listed for £198.
    At that price i think I would have gone for it but pricing it higher than PS4/Xbox One i think was a mistake especially with the lack of games.

Yes I realise that it's a 2 in 1 but without games to entice people what's the point and are many people going to take the risk after the Wii U which i loved personally but again not many games.

Probably will get one at some point but not at launch.

Original Poster

PDCottrell

It's a shame it can't be both, yeah have the fun games but also have the … It's a shame it can't be both, yeah have the fun games but also have the 3rd party support that the other 2 have instead of going on about it at the beginning then not actually coming to anything.I've owned every Nintendo console at one point and really enjoy their games (Zelda looks stunning) but they do need some new ideas.I was disappointed when they announced the price especially as before it was one place had the pre order listed for £198.At that price i think I would have gone for it but pricing it higher than PS4/Xbox One i think was a mistake especially with the lack of games.Yes I realise that it's a 2 in 1 but without games to entice people what's the point and are many people going to take the risk after the Wii U which i loved personally but again not many games.Probably will get one at some point but not at launch.

I agree the launch games suck...its basically zelda
    The console price i believe is fair
    I have to compare it to xbox one release £400
    And ps4 £350 (i think)
    Now if they came in at 350-400 i would laugh at them but considering a new 3ds XL is around 150 add another 120 for a bigger portable screen and full console capabilities + 2 detachable controllers for out the box 2 player i see 270 as fair
    I dont see the games and accessories as fair though

PDCottrell

It's a shame it can't be both, yeah have the fun games but also have the … It's a shame it can't be both, yeah have the fun games but also have the 3rd party support that the other 2 have instead of going on about it at the beginning then not actually coming to anything.I've owned every Nintendo console at one point and really enjoy their games (Zelda looks stunning) but they do need some new ideas.I was disappointed when they announced the price especially as before it was one place had the pre order listed for £198.At that price i think I would have gone for it but pricing it higher than PS4/Xbox One i think was a mistake especially with the lack of games.Yes I realise that it's a 2 in 1 but without games to entice people what's the point and are many people going to take the risk after the Wii U which i loved personally but again not many games.Probably will get one at some point but not at launch.

I agree about the price , for £199 I think it would of done very well .
    I also agree that it should of been both for 1st and 3rd and that's where my problem is with it . It seems Nintendo are desperately trying to innovate and catch the "wii" crowd instead of just making a console which I believe is what most gamers want , as if this was similar in specs to a ps4 then it would of been cheaper and had nintendos excellent games but also had 3rd party support . Which personally would of been much more appealing to me than a mobile device and motion controls

For me if they had a £199 price tag and stuff like Zelda, mario, fire emblem, mario kart and Xenoblade available at launch I would rip their hands off but the launch line up is pretty dire I'll have to wait.

Meanwhile my brother (huge footy fan) is still playing old pro evolution soccer games on his psp because hardly anything has come out on this generation of mobile consoles!

If On Nintendo a new one was brought out, an amazing in depth gameplay, and great multi player Pro evo options, I know he would buy one immediately with its larger screen and ability to dock!

Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 11th Feb

I've grown up loving Nintendo. My oldest Nintendo console was a gameboy advance sp I think. I have since owned/family owns a Wii, Wii U, the older DS, DS Lite, DSi XL and 3DS XL. So of course I chose to continue with the next console and am looking forward to it. And plus I'll get to play splatoons on my own console rather than my siblings'

Don't buy!
    I'm just back from a 'trip' to the future!, I have to warn you that this console is actually the biggest flop in gaming history, and holds very little future value other than as a placemat, Nintendo only ever produced a handfull of games for the 'Nvidia shield' in disguise, after that, it was just android play store ports, and a few lame indie games!
    https://s1.postimg.org/bd7hds9a7/photostudio_1487292977162.jpg

Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 17th Feb

Thread should be locked as there at least 2 comments ITT pointing to an older thread asking the same.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Customs charged too much for a little item!01
      2. Marvel characters57
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?1617
      4. Remove Best Offers Option On eBay?33

See more discussions