William Hill not paying out

Found 8th Oct 2011
Hi there, I am seeking advice over a bet settlement from William Hill, the bet in question is Belarus (u19) vs Northern Ireland (u19).

08 Oct 11 / 19:20 Single 1 Northern Ireland U19 v Belarus U19 – Match Betting Live Northern Ireland U19 @ 17/2 –
stake: £2.00 returns: £2.57

The odds on my online betting slip are 17/2, which was a punt for me, Final score is 3-1 (Northern Ireland win), the live chat guy said there was an error and that's not the odds I should have had because they made a mistake.

Any advice on what to do?

35 Comments

not much you can do, as far as im aware there is no law that makes them pay out at all. id just tell them im closing my account

celticjoe

not much you can do, as far as im aware there is no law that makes them … not much you can do, as far as im aware there is no law that makes them pay out at all. id just tell them im closing my account

as celtic says not alot you can do tho for a £2 quid bet if they had any sense they would payout as goodwill as chances are they would recoup the tiny loss

somtimes they notice mistakes sumtimes they dont,its your donald duck.

Original Poster

that was just one of my bets on them, here are some of the others:
you can see that first one they gave me 16/1 (in play).

08 Oct 11 / 19:35 Double(s)

Standard
Standard

Northern Ireland U19 v Belarus U19 – Match Betting Live
Galway v Drogheda – Match Betting

Northern Ireland U19 @ 16/1
Drogheda @ 4/6

Won

£1.00 O/2825258/0000305/F
08 Oct 11 / 19:24 Double(s)

Standard
Standard

Botafogo RJ v EC Bahia BA – Match Betting

Botafogo RJ @ 11/20
Northern Ireland U19 @ 10/1

£1.50 O/2825258/0000304/F
08 Oct 11 / 19:23 Double(s)

Standard
Standard

Santos v Palmeiras – Match Betting

Northern Ireland U19 @ 10/1
Santos @ 6/5

£0.50 O/2825258/0000303/F
08 Oct 11 / 19:21 Double(s)

Standard
Standard

Botafogo RJ v EC Bahia BA – Match Betting

Northern Ireland U19 @ 17/2
Botafogo RJ @ 11/20

£2.01 O/2825258/0
Edited by: "xlewisxx" 8th Oct 2011

Lol @ OP getting scammed out of 57 pence.

inb4 the "it's not the price but moral" card is played.

dtovey89

Lol @ OP getting scammed out of 57 pence.inb4 the "it's not the price but … Lol @ OP getting scammed out of 57 pence.inb4 the "it's not the price but moral" card is played.

He should have got £17, not 57p

At least that's how I read it

Original Poster

Overall with the odds I was promised I should have come out with 70 quid, but here I am with 9 pounds....

sancho1983

He should have got £17, not 57pAt least that's how I read it

Oh I read this:
£2.00 returns: £2.57

Obviously some mistake had been one. It wouldn't be a £17 payout for N. Ireland to win lul

xlewisxx

Overall with the odds I was promised I should have come out with 70 quid, … Overall with the odds I was promised I should have come out with 70 quid, but here I am with 9 pounds....

Confused lol.

But I don't bet and it's too late to do mathematics.

Original Poster

I forgot to add that when i placed this bet William Hill were showing Northern Ireland to be 1-0 down, which is why the odds were so good.

Banned

xlewisxx

Overall with the odds I was promised I should have come out with 70 quid, … Overall with the odds I was promised I should have come out with 70 quid, but here I am with 9 pounds....

17/2 = 8.5/1

8.5 x 2.00 = £17

where the hell does £70 come from?

xlewisxx

I forgot to add that when i placed this bet William Hill were showing … I forgot to add that when i placed this bet William Hill were showing Northern Ireland to be 1-0 down, which is why the odds were so good.

looked a little deeper into it and when you placed bet n ire were winning 1-0 so its clearly a mistake and again not much you can do,sometimes they notice sometimes they dont unfortunatly theve noticed this 1.

DangerGod

17/2 = 8.5/18.5 x 2.00 = £17where the hell does £70 come from?

Yeh. Looking at it now I can't get £70.

They must have had a chuckle or two when the OP demanded 70 big ones.

DangerGod

17/2 = 8.5/18.5 x 2.00 = £17where the hell does £70 come from?

he had a few multiple bets placed

OP was it betting in Play ?
Northern Ireland where never 17/2 against a team like Belarus unless they where losing at the time ?

xlewisxx

Now I'm confused.

I read it as you put the bet on at 17/2, so you should have got 17 plus your 2 back. But you got 2.57 instead.

Where did 70 come from?

Original Poster

I had multiple bets, not just the one i posted at the top...

08 Oct 11 / 19:35 Double(s)

Galway v Drogheda – Match Betting

Northern Ireland U19 @ 16/1
Drogheda @ 4/6

Won

stake: £1.00

I would post a picture but it won't let me....

Banned

xlewisxx

I had multiple bets, not just the one i posted at the top... 08 Oct 11 / … I had multiple bets, not just the one i posted at the top... 08 Oct 11 / 19:35 Double(s) Northern Ireland U19 v Belarus U19 – Match Betting Live Galway v Drogheda – Match Betting Northern Ireland U19 @ 16/1 Drogheda @ 4/6 – Wonstake: £1.00I would post a picture but it won't let me....

Oh it will son,it will.

Anyway no need to prove it no one here is disbelieving. never had this happen to me and never will. you know why?

because i use Bet365

Original Poster

http://i.imgur.com/t3L7d.png

Original Poster

DangerGod

Oh it will son,it will.Anyway no need to prove it no one here is … Oh it will son,it will.Anyway no need to prove it no one here is disbelieving. never had this happen to me and never will. you know why?because i use Bet365

http://i.imgur.com/t3L7d.png

OP what was the score when you placed your bet & when was the next goal scored ?

Original Poster

On the William hill live betting it said Northern Ireland 0 - 1 Belarus

It was like that for 15 minutes until they realized.

imgur.com/t3L7d

You may have got a more direct answer if you actually provided ALL the information of ALL your bets in the opening post.

WheresMeNuts

OP what was the score when you placed your bet & when was the next goal … OP what was the score when you placed your bet & when was the next goal scored ?

I'll Bump my Question again ???

Original Poster

There we go, the pictures have finally shown up. Maybe I tried to post them a few times too many oops

@Mumbo is it really a typo? look again at the pictures my first and last bets were 12 minutes apart, they even updated the live odds multiple times. I don't think it's a typo.

@Wheres I placed the bet it said Northern Ireland were losing 1-0, next goal went in 15 minutes later, and from then the whole match was suspended.

xlewisxx

On the William hill live betting it said Northern Ireland 0 - 1 BelarusIt … On the William hill live betting it said Northern Ireland 0 - 1 BelarusIt was like that for 15 minutes until they realized.http://imgur.com/t3L7d

Belarus where the home team & they where never 1-0 in front in the game,so Yes it looks like Mr Hill is correct to give you around 2/7 odds.

Original Poster

I accept that, what I don't accept is that William Hill refuse to accept their mistake and settle the bet as a goodwill gesture, how incompetent must their live betting staff be to watch the game live and give a goal to the wrong team and not notice for over 15 minutes and at the same time someone is adjusting the odds for that game.

How have you been with them while asking about this?they are well within their rights to cancel bets that are like this,or like they have done,paid at the right odds.Had dealings with WH myself and have been given free bets for my troubles and stuff,suppose it all depends on what mood the CS person and yourself are in.

Banned

xlewisxx

I accept that, what I don't accept is that William Hill refuse to accept … I accept that, what I don't accept is that William Hill refuse to accept their mistake and settle the bet as a goodwill gesture, how incompetent must their live betting staff be to watch the game live and give a goal to the wrong team and not notice for over 15 minutes and at the same time someone is adjusting the odds for that game.

Bet with someone else next time, you knew it was a mistake when you put the bet on, if you had been paid out would would have been happy, you didn't move on. No difference to a misprice.
You might want to read up on palpable errors.

you could try complaining to IBAS

I would avoid William Hill, had many problems with them and their customer services.They are often rude to you when you complain about their own mistakes.

Bet365 have in their T&C that incorrect odds at the time will be corrected to the correct odds before settling so i guess William Hill and all the rest are the same. And they do not have to do anything out of a good will gesture esp wen u agree to their T&C during the sign up. If you reported it to the IBAS, they'd find the case in WH favour.

The OP makes this Thread look like he's been robbed by William Hill & then after being asked on more than 1 occasion about what the score was etc,the OP then admits when he placed his bet Northern Ireland where winning 1-0 at the time,but the bookmaker had put up the wrong price.

You can see from all the different prices the OP took on the same team to win he was chancing his arm by adding other teams to mix things up & hope that William hill would not tipple about the mistake.
OP sometimes you get away with it & sometimes you don't.
I'm on Hills almost everyday & have myself been lucky to get some of these bets & get paid,but sometimes like in this case they tipple & pay you the correct price ie 2/7.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants