Wimbledon tennis to be screened in 4K HDR by BBC

LocalFound 21st Jun
The Wimbledon Championships tennis tournament is to be streamed in 4K resolution and high dynamic range colour (HDR) to UK viewers by the BBC.
Community Updates
13 Comments
Is this the same rubbish availability as the world cup with only select TVs? Disappointing, if so.
MUFCristiano4 m ago

Is this the same rubbish availability as the world cup with only select …Is this the same rubbish availability as the world cup with only select TVs? Disappointing, if so.

Get yourself a Roku + streaming stick. Great quality and very simple to use.
Thanks for sharing, moved to misc as a info/heads up
On my new panasonic tx-50ex700b it looked better in bbc 1 HD than it did on iplayer UHD for some reason.
MUFCristiano15 m ago

Is this the same rubbish availability as the world cup with only select …Is this the same rubbish availability as the world cup with only select TVs? Disappointing, if so.

PS4 Pro also had the updated iPlayer if you have access to one. But you don't get HDR for some reason..
Edited by: "UKBatman" 21st Jun
UKBatman2 m ago

PS4 Pro also had the updated iPlayer if you have access to one. But you …PS4 Pro also had the updated iPlayer if you have access to one. But you don't get HDR for some reason..

I can't understand why the Xbox One X doesn't have an up to date iplayer app. Makes no sense to me.
Scrat4 m ago

I can't understand why the Xbox One X doesn't have an up to date iplayer …I can't understand why the Xbox One X doesn't have an up to date iplayer app. Makes no sense to me.

Yep me too, only thing I can think of is they did it on PS4 as they'd added the VR one so were working on an update/new app for that anyway???
Edited by: "UKBatman" 21st Jun
Scrat21st Jun

I can't understand why the Xbox One X doesn't have an up to date iplayer …I can't understand why the Xbox One X doesn't have an up to date iplayer app. Makes no sense to me.

Apps on the consoles in general seem to be a shiit show. The Twitch one and You Tube ones both have different functionality and performance on each console.
deleted396333
So only through the latest version of the iPlayer app if you have it?
Scrat1 h, 20 m ago

Get yourself a Roku + streaming stick. Great quality and very simple to …Get yourself a Roku + streaming stick. Great quality and very simple to use.

Why does the Roku have availability? I don't understand.
I have a fire tv 4k box and I don't get uhd through the the iPlayer app on it
MUFCristiano3 h, 3 m ago

Why does the Roku have availability? I don't understand.

I have no idea why, my month old Sony Xe93 doesn't, that's why I now have a Roku +. Rubbish support from Sony really.
I see Amazon have put the price up for the Roku + now by £20....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions