EXPIRED

Win 1 of 3 John Fullbright 'Songs' CDs @ Music News

John Fullbright Releases 'Songs'
    Grammy Nominee Returns With Second Album July 21st
    'A new all-American idol' ' Uncut
    '..The arrival of a major talent' ' The Evening Standard

On July 21st, John Fullbright will release his second studio album 'Songs'
    (Blue Door/Thirty Tigers). The new album showcases the strongest
    songwriting of the 25 year-old's career and follows the success of his critically acclaimed, 2013 debut 'From the Ground Up', which was nominated for the "Best Americana Album" at the Gr¬ammys that year.

If there's a recurring motif that jumps out upon first listen to "Songs,' it's the act of writing itself. "When I discovered Townes Van Zandt, that's when I went, 'You know, this is something to be taken pretty damn seriously' says Fullbright. "You can write something that's going to outlast you, and immortality through song is a big draw."

The arrangements on 'Songs' are stripped down to their cores and free of ornamentation. Fullbright's guitar and piano are mesmerizing enough to anchor the record, while a minimalist rhythm section weaves in and out throughout the album.

That's not to say these are simple songs; Fullbright possesses a keen ear for memorable melody and a unique approach to harmony, moving through chord progressions far outside the expected confines of traditional folk or Americana. The performances are stark and direct, a deliberate approach meant to deliver the songs in their purest form, which guarantees Fullbright will deliver absolutely mesmerizing performances when he makes his live return to the UK this Summer.

John Fullbright plays:

July
    Fri 18th GATESHEAD, SummerTyne Americana Festival
    Sat 19th MANCHESTER, Ruby Lounge
    Sun 20th SHEFFIELD, Greystones
    Mon 21st BRIGHTON, Green Door
    Tues 22nd LEICESTER, The Musician
    Thu 24th GUILDFORD, St. Mary's Church
    Fri 25th WINCHESTER, The Railway
    Sat 26th HUNTINGDON, Secret Garden Party
    Sun 27th PERTH, Southern Fried Festival

'From the Ground Up' earned Fullbright breakout critical acclaim and
    entrance into a community of songwriters whose work he admires. "I didn't grow up around musicians or like-minded songwriters, but I grew up around records," he says. "One of the most fulfilling things about the last two years is that now I'm surrounded by like-minded people in a community of peers. You don't feel so alone anymore."

Tracklisting
    1. Happy
    2. When You're Here
    3. Keeping Hope Alive
    4. She Knows
    5. Until You Were Gone
    6. Write a Song
    7. Never Cry Again
    8. Going Home
    9. All That You Know
    10. The One That Lives Too Far
    11. High Road
    12. Very First Time

To enter just send an email with JOHN in the subject line to [email protected]music-news.com please list your name, EMAIL, home address and telephone number.

It's that simple! Best of luck!

1 Comment

Cheers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Customs charged too much for a little item!01
      2. Marvel characters57
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?1617
      4. Remove Best Offers Option On eBay?33

See more discussions