Expired

Win £100 for a quick 1 minute survey @ topcashback

10 replies
Found 21st Jul 2014Made hot 22nd Jul 2014
Quick couple of questions to make you worry about retirement if you don't have a pension for a chance to win £100. Don't forget to chuck your TCB email addy in on the last step to be entered into the draw. Good luck

10 Comments

Thanks..............xxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks

Thanks

Thx

Thank you

thanks

Cheers

Thank You

I didn't check the T&Cs, but there's the likelihood that you'll be contacted by a pensions firm. Consider their offer - moving my pension into a better scheme has quintupled my expected annual payout, plus up to 25% lump sum from age 55, plus the fact that - because you're money's in trust - your surviving spouse or named beneficiary continues to get 100% of your pension or the option of taking it as a lump sum. On his/her death, any surviving children or named beneficiaries get 100% if he/she's continued with the scheme. All tax free, so they actually do get all of it; nothing goes to the government or the pension fund.
You'd imagine that the investments are riskier in order to maximise your projected payout, but this isn't so; they're simply better chosen and managed more efficiently. As an ex ICI employee, I assumed that the pension scheme I was in was a good one, but it's pathetic compared to what I now have in place.
At the very least, you ought to examine your own company pension - you may be surprised to find that it's not anywhere near as good as you think, even if your firm has a solid reputation.

BTW, I have no connection to any pensions provider; just thought it may be of benefit to some of you - it's certainly opened my eyes.

Rob.

p.s. Feel free to send me a pm if you'd like any further details.
Edited by: "robtherake" 23rd Jul 2014

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions