EXPIRED

Win 5 Nights in Wildschönau! - Austria

About Wildschönau
70km of ski runs, quaint mountain huts and absolutely no stress! The Wildschönau was home to the very first ski lift in Tyrol, built in 1947. Nowadays the valley is a veritable insider tip for holiday makers looking for straightforward authenticity. The German Automobile Club ADAC voted the Wildschönau top alpine resort in the Small but Excellent category. Wildschönau has also won awards for its friendliness and for the best piste preparation in the Alps, and this winter the resort invested a total of 3 million Euro in new snow-making facilities in Niederau.

The nursery slopes in the villages are located so that proud parents can watch the triumphs of their offspring from the comfort of a sunny hotel terrace. On the Schatzberg and Markbachjoch Mountains at 1904m and 1500m altitude, more advanced skiers get their money's worth. They can test their skills on the 3km long Hochberg run, for example, voted ‘Best Black Run' by the Skiresort Service International. Those who can't get enough of skiing during the day can carry on by floodlight in the Roggenboden area in Oberau. Excellent restaurants, lively après ski bars and super accommodation complete your perfect winter holiday. And if all this is not enough, there is a wide variety of alternative winter sports such as tobogganing, sleigh rides, guided snow shoe treks and ski touring to keep you busy!

Question: When was the first ski lift built in Wildschönau?

Answer - 1947

3 Comments

Do you have to make your own way there? I cant see any flights/ travel included!

Original Poster

[quote=retiredcynic]Do you have to make your own way there? I cant see any flights/ travel included![/quo

Yes, I am afraid you do...

8. One entrant will win a voucher for 5 nights accommodation in a selected 3* hotel with half board within the Wildschönau region. The voucher excludes use over major public holidays. The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs.

bundle

[quote=retiredcynic]Do you have to make your own way there? I cant see … [quote=retiredcynic]Do you have to make your own way there? I cant see any flights/ travel included![/quoYes, I am afraid you do...8. One entrant will win a voucher for 5 nights accommodation in a selected 3* hotel with half board within the Wildschönau region. The voucher excludes use over major public holidays. The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs.

I'll give this a miss then and get piste if I win the Australia comp
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
    2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
    3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
    4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11

See more discussions