Expired

Win £50,000 with ITV (Postal/Text/Charged Online)

24 replies
Found 8th Oct 2016Made hot 9th Oct 2016
Here's your chance to win £50,000!

Post your NAME and TELEPHONE NUMBER to;

O116,

PO Box 7558,

DERBY,

DE1 0NQ

or

Text WIN to 80060

or

Premium charged online entry - requires PayPal.

24 Comments

I wonder if anyone who sends in a postal entry ever wins? I wonder how they decided between text entries and postal entries?

I mean, they are making money out of the text entries but nothing out of the postal entries so why wouldn't they favour the text entries for winners?

I had a friend who worked for ITV who suggested that they make way above the prize sum in entries from texters.

Thank you

tawse57

I mean, they are making money out of the text entries but nothing out of … I mean, they are making money out of the text entries but nothing out of the postal entries so why wouldn't they favour the text entries for winners? I had a friend who worked for ITV who suggested that they make way above the prize sum in entries from texters.

I suppose it makes no difference to them either way they are getting the money. I believe it is a legal requirement to have a free entry option (not that its free if you count the stamp) they are supposed to enter all the entries into the same thing and choose from that.

Thanks

thank you

tawse57

I had a friend who worked for ITV who suggested that they make way above … I had a friend who worked for ITV who suggested that they make way above the prize sum in entries from texters.

I bet they do make considerably more than the prize sum!!, just look at all the competitions on the go now locally & national that require you to text your entry (for a fee)

thank yous

ITV make a alot of money out of competitions and i also wonder how they choose the winner,i never use as dont believe we should pay them only for them to call it free comp,which in effect its not.

Thanx PK

skykid3

I bet they do make considerably more than the prize sum!!, just look at … I bet they do make considerably more than the prize sum!!, just look at all the competitions on the go now locally & national that require you to text your entry (for a fee)

Radio stations make loads of money from gullible people who text comments or requests to their short code numbers which are just premium numbers in disguise. No shortage of gullible people unfortunately.

They are making plenty of money by taking advantage of people
theguardian.com/med…ITV Looks like 2014-15 they made £85 million from online, phone "interactive" content. Would be surprised if the prizes cost more than 2 million.

Edited by: "McHotpoon" 9th Oct 2016

I won £8500 on a postal entry to Dickinsons Real Deal 3 yrs ago.

alanrp123

Well done! Good to know there is a postal winner out there!

Thanks PK
Edited by: "treoes" 9th Oct 2016

Good luck PK and thanks x

Thanks PK

alanrp123

Great to hear that my entries over the years have a good chance!
And Thanks PK

Thank you

Thanks x

Thank you

Thank you x

Thank you

philb100

I suppose it makes no difference to them either way they are getting the … I suppose it makes no difference to them either way they are getting the money. I believe it is a legal requirement to have a free entry option (not that its free if you count the stamp) they are supposed to enter all the entries into the same thing and choose from that.

Someone posted on another site last week they won £23,000 from Real Deal on a postcard entry :-)

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769648
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2143
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522897
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514673

See more discussions