Groups

Win 7 vs Win XP

For those who have downloaded Win 7, but have a love for Win XP.

Discuss.

15 Comments

I recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop to give it a try and i'm liking it, i prefer it to xp personally

I have two systems on the desk in front of me, one with Win7, the other with WinXP. Both are decent Core2Duo systems with oodles of RAM, and the Win7 machine just pissses all over the WinXP machine. It's not just that it's faster, but it's so much faster to use with its improved task bar, start button that picks up mouse clicks even if they're not precisely on the button (if you have a two-high start menu or have it vertically, this is excellent), and its window snapping abilities. It's just so much better. It makes XP look rather primative and crap by comparison.

7 kicks ass

Original Poster

Hmm...interesting. I played with Vista. Hated it. So the love for XP grew a bit...now I'm not sure whether to try out Win 7. Although I just read that Windows no longer have it available for DL on their website.

I am running 7 atm and I still prefer Windows XP

Urgh, XP is ancient. After even moving to Vista I noticed what a lot better it is. Windows 7 is even better.

I wonder how many of the people who refused to use XP saying windows 98 was much better are still holding out,

apples33;6121952

I recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop to give it a try and i'm … I recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop to give it a try and i'm liking it, i prefer it to xp personally

Could you give the link to get Win 7 please:thumbsup: and how long did it take to download?

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6122180

I wonder how many of the people who refused to use XP saying windows 98 … I wonder how many of the people who refused to use XP saying windows 98 was much better are still holding out,

Yeah and I wonder how many people still use and prefer XP although they have tried Vista and found it to be a pile of doo-doo:roll:

MikeL;6122250

Could you give the link to get Win 7 please:thumbsup: and how long did it … Could you give the link to get Win 7 please:thumbsup: and how long did it take to download?

The RC is no longer available for download mate

apples33;6122390

The RC is no longer available for download mate

Cheers anyway:thumbsup:

Banned

i think vista 64 is awesome. i have w7 rtm installed but haven't started using it yet. my machine is high spec so i guess that helps with the resource hogging ect that plagued vista for other users

I prefered XP to vista, but I downloaded win7 RC a month ago and its pretty good!

matt3454;6122067

Urgh, XP is ancient. After even moving to Vista I noticed what a lot … Urgh, XP is ancient. After even moving to Vista I noticed what a lot better it is. Windows 7 is even better.

Vista better than xp :lol:

Just switch to classic themes and they all look the same.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767127
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599
      4. TechInTheBasket?69
      5. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114453

See more discussions