Expired

WIN a 100% electric NISSAN LEAF car @ The Charging Point

Found 31st Jan 2012
The Nissan LEAF is one of the hottest properties in the car world right now. It’s the result of a multi-billion Euro investment by Nissan and is the world’s first purpose-built family-sized electric car. It runs on 100% electricity, which means no engine oil, no petrol, no gearbox, and no exhaust pipe. That means zero emissions at the tailpipe.

But that doesn’t mean it’s a slouch in the performance department. The acceleration is smooth and punchy thanks to performance equivalent to that of a 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine. With a top speed of 90mph motorway driving is a breeze, too.

And the best part? It can be fully charged anywhere you can find electricity (at home, at work or out and about) for as little as £1.78*.

Charging at home from flat takes 12 hours using the standard cable but you can cut that time by four hours using a Home Charging Unit. And if you decide to take to the open road to travel cross-country, an 80% charge can be achieved in just 30 minutes using a rapid charger at one of Nissan's 26 EV dealers.

Nissan's powerpack has been developed through many years of research and is designed to last the life of the vehicle, even if you plan to drive longer distances and need to rapid charge regularly. While more than one rapid charge per day is not recommended, it's worth noting that using the full 109 miles available to you every day on just one charge equates to nearly 40,000 miles per year - way beyond most motorists' needs. Still, it's good to know the Nissan LEAF has the most advanced, robust battery pack out there.

Everything about the Nissan LEAF has been designed from scratch: the way it looks, feels and functions. The ultra-aerodynamic exterior helps save energy and reduce wind noise. Even the wing mirrors have been sculpted for a quieter drive.

The bright, clean look on the outside flows through to the spacious interior.

The Nissan LEAF is also equipped to a very high standard. Comfort and refinement are up there with the very best petrol and diesel equivalents. The satellite navigation system is state-of-the-art and includes the locations of public charging points; it even updates with new ones as they come online.

The dashboard’s digital meters tell you everything you need to know, right down to how your driving style is affecting range.

In 2011 The Nissan LEAF also achieved the accolade of being the first electric car to be voted World Car of the Year, voted for by motoring journalists from 24 nations.

How To Enter:

You can choose to watch any 1 of 3 videos and then answer a question and fill out the form. It depends on which video you select as to the question you have to answer. You don't have to watch the video the question is underneath.
I have placed the 3 current questions and answers below.

How long does it take to rapid charge the Nissan LEAF to 80% charge level?
30 mins

What is the name of the Nissan LEAF's smartphone app?
Carwings

What 'range' does the Nissan LEAF have?
Up to 109 miles

Good Luck!

27 Comments

Thanks

Nice prize but don't reckon there is many places to charge this on the go the further north of London you go ............ defo one for dealer trade-in if you win lol

........... p.s thanks for watching the very dull looking vids and answering the questions so we dont have to marba01 heat added

thanks

x

thanks marba

Thanks

Thanx marba

awesome

Thanks!

Thanks

thanks

Thanks for taking the time to add the answers. Fingers crossed. HEAT!

Thanks

Thx

thanks for posting and for the answers nice one

(_;) 8 electric charging points in Milton Keynes that's a first,,,

Thank you

Lovely Comp Thanks marba01 Bet it does not come in Automatic and it looks like there is no charging point near me. If you win is it easy to get dealer trade in. lol I should worry!

Original Poster

Spanishgold

Lovely Comp Thanks marba01 Bet it does not come in Automatic and it … Lovely Comp Thanks marba01 Bet it does not come in Automatic and it looks like there is no charging point near me. If you win is it easy to get dealer trade in. lol I should worry!

I think if you win you won't honestly be too worried , and anyway I would be happy to take it off your hands for no charge !

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af309/trent-bishop/Gifs/thank-you_36.gif

Thank you OP. Heat added.

Brill comp op.
Thanx and cheers

Thank you

Thanks

thanks

Thanks. Managed to see this just in time!
Edited by: "SamuraiHQ" 4th Apr 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants