Found 24th Apr 2007
Chance to win a £650,000 House, entry costs are £60, odds are 25,000 to 1. Seems to be an X marks the spot type competition.
winthishome.org.ukwinthishome.org.uk

Also features on the beeb site:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stmnews.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Rod.

1. Competitions
11 Comments

This was on one of the breakfast shows today.

Tempting! I could sure use £500,000 (they can keep the house thanks!)

i watched that on breakfast too. just calculated this.
if 25,000 people payed £60 each that would add up to £1,500,000.

btw- i would go for the cash.

It's just down the road from me:p

Admin

fox2020

It's just down the road from me:p

Oh well I'll leave it then... :giggle:

An OK deal if £60 means nothing to you. £60 to me, on a 1/25000 shot is a little too long odds to have a go. Usually, these things get won by the people who could afford the house in the first place :roll:
You know, sods law and all that?

Yeah probably would be someones 5th home.

tempting. think i'd take the cash. dont suppose i will ever have to worry about deciding though lol.

What would the odds be if you put that £60 on the lottery in one go? Surely you'd get some of it back with the odd tenner at least, while bumping u your chances of a big win?

annoyed me this they made out they were doing a really genuine thing. THey couldnt sell their house so they have done this competition and putting 20% to charity but that would still net them a 300 grand profit on what this house they COULDNT sell is worth.

Hardly a charitable act !!

steve_w

What would the odds be if you put that £60 on the lottery in one go? … What would the odds be if you put that £60 on the lottery in one go? Surely you'd get some of it back with the odd tenner at least, while bumping u your chances of a big win?

60 on the lottery would still be appalling odds compared to this - but I still dont think this a golden oppertunity.

Banned

To win about 400,000 on the lottery the odds would be 1 : 38,843. If you put 60 quid on.

They ar being misleading saying the odds are 1 : 14,000,000 to win the lottery. Because that would win you millions and not the 500,000 they are offering.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?23
    2. Mobile phone advice11
    3. dakine backpacks22
    4. Home CCTV system advice.33

See more discussions